IA Born

Beyond the Strut: AZ Turkey Hunting

I was contacted last May to represent the NWTF in Arizona to be interviewed for a short video being produced.  Jason Tarwater, the NWTF Regional Director from Montana came up with the idea to travel around the western US and hunt on public land within NWTF-funded habitat restoration projects.  He was going to film every hunt and talk to NWTF, FS, and State Wildlife Agency representatives along the way.  He hunted in CA, MT, AZ, and NM.  Jason and is crew stopped by our house in Flagstaff last year on their way to the A-S to hunt.  He interviewed me and my kids, both of whom are very active as JAKES memebers in our NWTF chapter here in Flagstaff.

Here is the two minute teaser video of the AZ hunt.  The full 9 minute video is supposed to be released at 4pm MST today.  Maybe this will help get blood pumping for the upcoming turkey seasons!  Enjoy and good luck out there!

• Like 8

My gear is  packed in the garage for next week already.  I dont think I have ever been so  anxious for a turkey hunt to start in my life.  Taking a first timer (the daughter's soon to be ex roommate  by default of marriage)  with me, hoping to get him his first bird.  Necessary activity  per the governors orders, going grocery shopping old school.  Warming trend should help, I hope.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, NOTAGS said:

My gear is  packed in the garage for next week already.  I dont think I have ever been so  anxious for a turkey hunt to start in my life.  Taking a first timer (the daughter's soon to be ex roommate  by default of marriage)  with me, hoping to get him his first bird.  Necessary activity  per the governors orders, going grocery shopping old school.  Warming trend should help, I hope.

+1

f.png

2 hours ago, Non-Typical Solutions said:

It doesn't take much to get blood pumping for turkey season, we always have a blast!!!

Are you going to post a link to the full video??? 

Thanks for sharing .......

I'll definitely post the full video after its released. I have a TKD training session via Zoom at 4, but will get it out after that!

Full AZ Beyond the Strut video just released!  Proud to be apart of this project, especially with my kids!

• Like 4