broadhead

Anyone have a Form 4 come back sooner than expected?

Yes, all trustees (ATF defined as Responsible Person) must complete a Form 23 (Responsible Person Questionnaire), a photo and 2x fingerprint cards.  Both Individual and trust ownership require CLEO notification, no sign off.  A common technique these days is to remove trustees, except for the settlor (sometimes called original trustee) prior to submitting a new NFA application... or just create a new trust with a single trustee.  Adding trustees, after the approved Form 4 comes back, is between the settlor and whoever is added.  No ATF, FBI, CLEO or anybody needs to be notified.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, rancilio said:

Yes, all trustees (ATF defined as Responsible Person) must complete a Form 23 (Responsible Person Questionnaire), a photo and 2x fingerprint cards.  Both Individual and trust ownership require CLEO notification, no sign off.  A common technique these days is to remove trustees, except for the settlor (sometimes called original trustee) prior to submitting a new NFA application... or just create a new trust with a single trustee.  Adding trustees, after the approved Form 4 comes back, is between the settlor and whoever is added.  No ATF, FBI, CLEO or anybody needs to be notified.

Did that just change in last few years? I assume would just be easier to set up new trust? Would that need to be done each time you wanted to purcha new NFA item?

Anyone recommend a solid person other than Mr. Silencer to set up new trust and purchase from? Preferably Northwest phx?

1 hour ago, rancilio said:

We need to talk about that. That’s a question that I’ve been researching. Why don’t we discuss it when you call me after you receive my approved Form 4? The one I mentioned in the OP that was approved on the 6th was the one you sold me!

22 minutes ago, broadhead said:

We need to talk about that. That’s a question that I’ve been researching. Why don’t we discuss it when you call me after you receive my approved Form 4? The one I mentioned in the OP that was approved on the 6th was the one you sold me!

That doesn't sound good....

49 minutes ago, deserttacoma84 said:

That doesn't sound good....

Of course it does. My Form 4 was approved! Should be in the mail to Arizona soon if it’s not already. 

2 hours ago, broadhead said:

Ahha. Great. I’ll tell you what you need to know to make it easy. I generally see forms 1-3wks following approval.

2 hours ago, deserttacoma84 said:

Did that just change in last few years? I assume would just be easier to set up new trust? Would that need to be done each time you wanted to purcha new NFA item?

Anyone recommend a solid person other than Mr. Silencer to set up new trust and purchase from? Preferably Northwest phx?

Ruling 41F in July 2016, changed a few things.  Depending on the verbiage of your trust, it may or may not be easy to remove trustees.  Most trusts that I have seen are written such that removing or adding a trustee is fairly simple.  The trust you send in with a new NFA application should accurately reflect the trustees on the trust at that time.

• Like 1