trphyhntr

Wolf pic off my trail cam

Is this in a unit where G&F says they exist or in an area where they are not acknowledged?  Just looking at terrain it looks like unit 1 or 27 to me.

7 minutes ago, lancetkenyon said:

Big coyote!  Alpha male?

Yep, just another coyote.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, 25-06 said:

Yep, just another coyote.

Nope that is one of their hybrid part dog wolves , a young one

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

I feel like coyotes are better looking animal. These pics were 13 days apart, coyote looks a lot more furred up. 

The head/face shape is distinctively different.

16 minutes ago, high rise hunter said:

Curious what makes you guys think it's a coyote vs a wolf? Any telltale signs?

Coyotes don't have white feet or socks and hold there tail down. Wolves hold there tail almost parallel with their back bone when in motion. The best way to tell is when you stop

your vehicle and you see a streak of dust going over the hill, its a coyote, If it is waiting to see if you are going to feed it, then its a wolf . Have plenty of both around my house.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, knothead said:

Is this in a unit where G&F says they exist or in an area where they are not acknowledged?  Just looking at terrain it looks like unit 1 or 27 to me.

Looks like what forests in UT, NM, AZ and Colorado 

54 minutes ago, photofool said:

Coyotes don't have white feet or socks and hold there tail down. Wolves hold there tail almost parallel with their back bone when in motion. The best way to tell is when you stop

your vehicle and you see a streak of dust going over the hill, its a coyote, If it is waiting to see if you are going to feed it, then its a wolf . Have plenty of both around my house.  

I have experienced exactly this......both out in the boonies and in the back yard meadow in Alpine........

stop your vehicle and you see a streak of dust going over the hill, its a coyote, If it is waiting to see if you are going to feed it, then its a wolf .