Original born to hunt

Big bird down youth hunter

My son's first turkey hunt was amazing. We have both been counting down the days for opening day to come and finally  it got here and had to get a late start due to work. We got up to our area by 3 p.m. and was tagged out by 3:45, this tom came in talking, but spotted us and my son had to make a quick shot at 67 yards and he dropped in him in his tracks. We couldn't believe it, we got to the tom with big smiles, laughs and even some tears, what more could I have asked for! Memories in the outdoors that will live with us forever. We can't wait for next year to come around.

7114.jpeg

7102.jpeg

7108.jpeg

7088.jpeg

7115.jpeg

• Like 18
  • Wow! 3

Congrats and a very good tom. I love it when a plan comes together.

Heck!  You guys didn't even have time to set up camp yet.  I have a friend with luck like that.  Spring turkey is the most fun hunt with parents and kids IMO.  Congratulations to you and your boy.

Great job! From what I heard from other parents of youth hunters it was a pretty tough hunt this year. Congrats!

Finally some good news!!!!  Im so tired about Covid 19!!  Congrats on the hunter.  This is awesome way to go 

that bird was giant! I picked him up outta the cooler after the OP had told me his son shot a Jake. Didn't weigh like no Jake I've held. Got him onto the tailgate and told his son he had shot a dinosaur of a turkey. The head on that bird was massive. Everything about that bird is mature. Great representation of a AZ mountain Merriams. Congrats again Z. Can't wait to do it again.