Calhuon

Remington. ADL 30 06

That wood on the butt stock is sweet looks like my 416 rigby. you wouldn't happen to know what year that is would you? mid 90's?

All mine but the .243 6mm remington and .300 winmag are safe queens, I still have a few that havent even been fired yet.

Can't believe no interest. Maybe the caliber. I have killed everything in AZ with a 270 with 1 shot. I'll put it toward Swavorski 12x50s if that interests anyone

1 hour ago, Calhuon said:

Can't believe no interest. Maybe the caliber. I have killed everything in AZ with a 270 with 1 shot. I'll put it toward Swavorski 12x50s if that interests anyone

I was hoping this would bring back LARK!!

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, muledeerarea33? said:

I was hoping this would bring back LARK!!

I don't think Casey could handle that and a Deevorse all in the same year.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Calhuon said:

Not trying to be a dick here.

Ruger #1's hold good resale however They gotta be perfect. That one you have is some of the Prettiest wood I have seen on a factory #1. personally I would send it to a very good gun smith and have them reblue it and refinish the stock. Ruger may due that also. if you do Dont get rid of that stock they can restore it like new.  and dont send it to some Hack to get fixed because its cheaper send it only a gunsmith that highly recommended by mainly people.  ruger could do the metal work with no problem and be able to do a good reblueing job. the wood I dont think they could you'll probably need to find a quality stock maker. or you could just buy a new ruger #1 stock. not one from the normal commercial guys cause frankly they suck and you can tell its not quality, but there are guys who specialize in super nice wood for these and the fit and finish is superb.

The guy I bought my 416 rigby off of had a #1 stock he bought from a guy cheap ($500) I offered him $800 and he wouldnt take it. he had offer of 1.5K for the stock it was special type wood that someone at ruger actually used the machines at the ruger plant to cut it to fit. not saying you have to go that elaborate for a nice stock.

it will sell-someone will take a shine to it.  as a little fella i dreamed of having a matched trio of bill rugers no. 1s-300 H&H, 375 H&H, and a .220 Swift.  but the gun shops from yuma to round valley had another trio you could fondle but were always overpriced-.243, .270 and .30/06. 

in the summer of 2016 i had a hot little Arizona pronghorn tag in my pocket-this gun on cwt in .257, 6.5, .270 or 7x57 would have found a new home fast.

good luck sir,

lee

13 hours ago, biglakejake said:

it will sell-someone will take a shine to it.  as a little fella i dreamed of having a matched trio of bill rugers no. 1s-300 H&H, 375 H&H, and a .220 Swift.  but the gun shops from yuma to round valley had another trio you could fondle but were always overpriced-.243, .270 and .30/06. 

in the summer of 2016 i had a hot little Arizona pronghorn tag in my pocket-this gun on cwt in .257, 6.5, .270 or 7x57 would have found a new home fast.

good luck sir,

lee

Always wanted one in 375 but then I bought that Model 70 off of WIN71. The stock is very nice and really tempting.

• Like 1

Was the year figured out ? Ruger has that info on their webpage. Doesn't happen to have "made in our 200th year of American liberty" stamped on the barrel ?

Remington total custom  sold

Remington 700 ADL 30 06 no sights, cheap 3x9 A series 700  $450 cash $600 if you prefer a Leupold 3-9 

20200516_160654.jpg