Sign in to follow this  
FOGGER

New Mexico unit 16D Archery Bull Sept 15-24th

I drew this tag and am looking for someone who's hunted or been in this unit this time of year to ask about your experience. I know no one who's hunted it before trying to get some questions I have answered. All help is appreciated. 

Thanks in advance. 

• Like 1

My father in law lives there and has hunted it a few times. I’ve never been able to hunt with him due to work. He’s handicapped and hunts close to roads within 10 miles of his house. Smallest bull was 320” so just find a few good spots and hunt. Really good tag!

Awesome unit and hunt! I’ll be helping a friend who was lucky enough to draw the same tag. 

Awesome unit. I helped a friend with a tag across the road...we heard more bugles from 16D and other guys camped near us hunting 16D were into a lot more bulls. 

Its a great unit ,lots of elk,they have had good moisture,you should have a great hunt.I have hunted it about 20 years ago and guided it for the past 7 years.Biggest bull we have killed was 372.Lots of bulls in the 325-340 range.Have fun

thanks everyone. I'm excited and will be more than likely on my own. I can't find anyone with any knowledge..maybe ill see a few of you out there this year

I drew the same season but in 16E across the road from you. I have never hunted it before but will be taking some trips to scout. If you decide to scout the west side of your unit and want to split a scouting trip. Let me know.