andrewmilich

fire pit. embarrassed to even ask this

ok so...I am embarrassed to even ask.  I am heading up to the kaibab next weekend for a turkey hunt.  I just found out there are fire restrictions.  which I understand although I am not happy about.  I hate sitting around in the dark at night with a lantern.  does anyone have a gas firepit that's portable that I can borrow or rent for the next weekend (leaving thursday - return monday)  I know put on my big boy panties.  just trying to enjoy the woods the way I enjoy it. 

7 minutes ago, el diablo said:

I hate camping without a fire too. I believe you can’t even have a gas fire but not sure. 

1. Persons using pressurized liquid or gas fueled devices (stoves, grills, or lanterns).  from order\

exceptions

4 minutes ago, andrewmilich said:

the new world....argh

the corona virus campfire.png

It's the same restrictions every year. Just sometimes sooner than later.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 5guyshunting said:

It's the same restrictions every year. Just sometimes sooner than later.

Its usually because of the condition of the woods, not condition of the the sheep herd.

• Like 5

Them woods ain't goods, pert dry lots of wind. Won't be long, the sheep have gone crazy..

Ya same every year , if you can afford to drive up there just go get one. Going to need it next year too. 
I would give you mine but it leaks at the shut off valve and isn’t safe. I still use it but no one sits by it with me. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, MULEPACKHUNTER said:

Ya same every year , if you can afford to drive up there just go get one. Going to need it next year too. 
I would give you mine but it leaks at the shut off valve and isn’t safe. I still use it but no one sits by it with me. 

does it actually have a decent flame?  any heat? not opposed to buying one if it is legit

they have a decent flame however its like watching the burner on a gas stove or a can of Sterno. nothing replaces a campfire smoke smell rocks and wood popping etc etc. might as well just download a campfire for your phone or tablet and gather the lawn chairs and watch it, at least you will have sound simulated campfire sound.

1 hour ago, andrewmilich said:

does it actually have a decent flame?  any heat? not opposed to buying one if it is legit

Does the 🐻 💩 in the woods! Decent  🔥and heat but not like a good ole campfire 

I have one for this very reason. If I have it at my house you are welcome to use if I have it at my house in SanTan. But good chance it might be at our other house up north. It works really good