Sign in to follow this  
Delw

Luke is having a 15 plane fly over today at 3pm

If you like Military Aircraft this is going to be pretty cool. If you dont like military Aircraft your a Susan ;)

LUKE AIR FORCE BASE, AZ (3TV/CBS 5) -- Luke Air Force base will honor Arizona's front line coronavirus workers with a flyover on Friday, May 1.

The flyover will include aircraft from the 56th Fighter wing, the 944th Fighter Wing and the Arizona Air National Guard 161st Air Refueling Wing.

"We are honored to extend our heartfelt gratitude to all the healthcare workers, first responders, military members and other essential personnel who are working on the front lines to combat the Coronavirus.“ said Brig. Gen. Todd Canterbury. 56th Fighter Wing commander. “We want everyone to be able to look up from their homes and enjoy the display of American air power, resolve and pride while keeping front line responders in their hearts."

According to a press release, there will be a total of 15 aircraft taking part on Friday around 3:10 p.m. for a duration of 50 minutes. 

The aircrafts will include seven F-35A lls, seven F-16 Fighting Falcons and one KC-135 ARW.

The flight path will start in Buckeye and then proceed to Luke Air Force Base, Litchfield Park, Surprise, Waddell, Goodyear, Tolleson, Metro Phoenix, Tempe, Chandler, Gilbert, Mesa, Scottsdale, Deer Valley. Glendale, Peoria, Sun City West, and El Mirage. 

Luke AFB encourages the public to maintain social distancing guidelines when trying to spot the planes and to not travel to landmarks or hospitals. 

You can follow along on social media and post your view with the hashtags #LukeSalutes, #MirForceSalutes, and #FlyoverFriday. 

• Like 6

The Susans will be whining about how loud the F-35A are...same folks who fought against bringing them to Tucson. 

4 minutes ago, DUG said:

What about Karen, Linda and Nancy?

They can Identify with who ever they want, but there still Susans ;)

• Like 1

Holy sh^* They're going to fly right over my house. I live behind Banner T-Bird. Thanks for posting the route Del.

Just flew right over my house. Pretty cool.  I was hoping they would be in one big formation, but it was 4 different groups of 4 or 3.  Still loud and cool

• Like 3

the map was of by a few miles but it was still cool as shoot to see. lots of planes

that kc135 was huge looked like a semi truck with a bunch of golf carts behind it

• Like 2

Amazing. They came out of the west over Downtown Phx. Flew directly over my Carlot. Awesome ! God Bless the Military !

!cid__171d27c726b75dbae331_.jpg

• Like 7

Dude  you got powerlines in the Photo your busted guessing you were at a girlfriends house :) or somewhere you weren't suppose to be doing something your not suppose to be doing

10 minutes ago, muley224 said:

Amazing. They came out of the west over Downtown Phx. Flew directly over my Carlot. Awesome ! God Bless the Military !

!cid__171d27c726b75dbae331_.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Wow! 1

15 minutes ago, Delw said:

Dude  you got powerlines in the Photo your busted guessing you were at a girlfriends house :) or somewhere you weren't suppose to be doing something your not suppose to be doing

Nah I’ve been to his car lot. Those powerlines are legit. 

• Like 1

I timed my trip to Buckeye pretty good, the formation passed me on the 303 as it headed south. 

I wish there would be fly overs like this more often. It felt good to see so many people pulled off the road to watch and take pride in their military.

No matter what branch you served in, thank you brothers and sisters.

• Like 5

You can go out By Luke and watch them at least 6 days a week and probably 7. I bet the only reason they don't flyover the City all the time is the Susans that complain about the Noise.  That would be cool. Kills Me the people that buy houses out by Luke ,then complain constantly  about the noise. Hasn't it been there since World War 2.  I went up and st by the 101 west of Cave Creek and got great Video!.............BOB