Sign in to follow this  
Coach

Legality of Orders

Might wanna fact check. Most countries that got hit hard did stay at homes. Cases in Japan and Sweden are starting to take off. They say at a minimum, 20% of ny got it, with mitigation efforts.

so say with no mitigation efforts, 20% of the us got it. That’s approx 70 million. Then not even factoring the overwhelming of hospitals, say 1% die. 
that’s not acceptable to me. And unchecked that would be a best case scenario.

just to be clear, I don’t think you guys are wrong at all for being skeptical for our rights. Or taking a close look at what’s going on. I think that’s a great thing! I just don’t think this pandemic is a big conspiracy.

17 minutes ago, dustin25 said:

Why not?

Because a lot more people than they’ll admit have already had it. My friend who lives by me just tested positive for the antibodies. He had an “upper respiratory infection” in January. I myself went to the urgent care on January 18th on day 4 of being sick with the symptoms of fever, bad cough and trouble breathing. They didn’t test me for anything, just said I have the flu and that “it has been a really bad flu season this year”. I was sick for 3 1/2 more weeks. My wife and 5 kids all got sick after I did, each one to differing degrees. A lot of  our neighbors got sick around the same time and everyone just assumed flu season was really bad this year. If millions more people have already had it then it’s much less deadly than originally thought. 

Did you see the article the other day about the inmate in Florence that “Died of Covid-19”?? He was a 79 year old man with lung cancer. That’s the front page news that keeps people scared. 

• Like 4

I hope you’re right that a lot of people already had it! That would be best case scenario! But we just don’t know. I want to open up as much as anyone. Smartly. And we just aren’t there yet. Erring on the side of caution vs potentially letting this thing get way out of hand and killing a whole lot of people is an easy decision to me. Darryl I was with you. Me and a large group around me got sick in February. Checked all the boxes of covid. Even lost sense of smell. We were convinced. Antibody test says I did not have it.... no need to get panties in bunches over me saying that I don’t think it’s a conspiracy. Or do you not agree in me having the freedom to disagree with you? 
the lack of being able the hear about a different opinion then your own, with an open mind, even if you disagree,without getting on a soap box, is the real threat to our country.(extreme,no common sense partisanship) For those that are worried for the wellfare of our country.

I do not think people should be getting arrested etc Darryl! I think people should want to do the right thing to get everyone through this pandemic!

not doing our part is no different then if the country refused to mobilize to supply our forces during ww2. No different.

Dustin, you are assuming that your opinion is the correct one, and that most would agree with you. There are varying opinions from “experts” on this situation and how it should be handled. What I am stating is not an opinion, the fact of this is our constitutional rights are being violated in many different areas. It sounds as though you are okay with that, out of fear that it could be worse. That’s fine, but what about those that completely disagree with you? Should they be forced to completely lose their livelihoods, lose everything they have worked for? I tend to trust our free market system and believe that there are a lot of smart ways to go about keeping each other safe without destroying the economy. 

• Like 4

For example. I read coach’s post. Well written, well founded concerns that I share. Truly something that I agree we should be concerned about. Something to really think about.
but my opinion is that I don’t think this is a conspiracy theory to take our rights away. I think the government is trying to react to a pandemic unlike anything anybody alive has ever seen, and keep this from being absolutely catastrophic.

my view on this could change as more information comes out. I’m not entrenched in this view. I’m open minded enough to let the evidence guide my opinion.We still know so little. But this definitely isn’t just another flu, I can tell you that from what I’ve seen personally.

I don't see it as a conspiracy theory, I see it as it showed how easily we gave in and surrender many of our constitutional rights. In some cases without a whimper. Next time it may be worse.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mc68 said:

Dustin, you are assuming that your opinion is the correct one, and that most would agree with you. There are varying opinions from “experts” on this situation and how it should be handled. What I am stating is not an opinion, the fact of this is our constitutional rights are being violated in many different areas. It sounds as though you are okay with that, out of fear that it could be worse. That’s fine, but what about those that completely disagree with you? Should they be forced to completely lose their livelihoods, lose everything they have worked for? I tend to trust our free market system and believe that there are a lot of smart ways to go about keeping each other safe without destroying the economy. 

I’m not assuming my opinion is the correct one. It’s just my opinion, and there are a lot of people that can’t handle an opinion that’s different then their own. I share the same concerns as you and others on here. I just don’t think that’s what’s happening. I also don’t blame you for feeling the way you do about it. I agree with the free market system, and that there are better ways to deal with what’s going on.heck I agree with most of what’s been said. I just don’t think it’s a big conspiracy to take our rights away. 

49 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

new york is 8.4 million people in 302 square miles. climate. lifestyles. phoenix is less than 2 mill people in 517 miles. why would be like new york or worse?

2/3's of the world didnt do any shutdown. ny has a death rate 200x higher than the other 10 biggest cities in the world and tokyo had 93 deaths they didnt shut down. 

Also, how can we know that the media isn't over inflating this? Im with trophyhunter on this. Look how many people die from the flu, common cold and others. Not to mention how many who died from this had underlying conditions.

This never should have happend. It should have been a recommendation to the sick, weak and scared to stay home. All others could carry on business as normal. 

We just laid down and gave up. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, dustin25 said:

Might wanna fact check. 

so say with no mitigation efforts, 20% of the us got it. That’s approx 70 million. Then not even factoring the overwhelming of hospitals, say 1% die. 
that’s not acceptable to me. And unchecked that would be a best case scenario.

I just don’t think this pandemic is a big conspiracy.

what facts do i need to check, NY has a 200x higher death rate than the other top 10 biggest cities in the world. something funky happening there. the original comment i responded to of yours was about the rest of the country being like NY or worse. my response probably not, i stand by that. 

hospitals are empty. 

you dont see this being political play at all? 

• Like 1

Wuhan 3869 deaths ( plus whatever China hasn’t told us,probably a lot.) 

NYC 13,600 deaths.

....200x?

there is ALWAYS a political angle in everything. I just don’t think this is a conspiracy to take our rights. 
rights stepped on? Yes probably. Should we be concerned about it? Yes for sure. Is this a big conspiracy to take our rights? No I don’t believe so, at this point.

I should note that I do believe this stuff is nasty, and I absolutely do not want to catch it. However, I also do not believe that my single parent daughter should have been forced out of her job and denied twice now for unemployment. It’s ridiculous. Thankfully, my wife and I are deemed essential and have been able to help all four of my children through this. That said, my reserve’s are quite depleted now. Hoping logical steps are taken very soon, but I believe severe damage has been done to our economy and we are now in for a long hard haul out of this mess. 

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, mc68 said:

I should note that I do believe this stuff is nasty, and I absolutely do not want to catch it. However, I also do not believe that my single parent daughter should have been forced out of her job and denied twice now for unemployment. It’s ridiculous. Thankfully, my wife and I are deemed essential and have been able to help all four of my children through this. That said, my reserve’s are quite depleted now. Hoping logical steps are taken very soon, but I believe severe damage has been done to our economy and we are now in for a long hard haul out of this mess. 

Why was your daughter denied unemployment.  What reason did they give.  I know several people who filed and it got approved fairly quickly.