Sign in to follow this  
Coach

Legality of Orders

2 hours ago, dustin25 said:

I love freedom as much as anyone here. What do you suggest the government do? If they did nothing, virtually everywhere in the country would look a lot like New York did at its worst. Probably worse actually, because as bad as it got they even did a stay at home order... likely millions dead in our country, many of them younger healthier people that couldnt get basic health care because the sheer numbers overwhelming our hospital system....

I don’t see the benefit of these conspiracies people keep pushing. There’s always many conspiracy theories thrown out EVERY time anything significant happens. Time has shown that they are virtually NEVER true.

i think the government is just trying to keep the millions dead scenario from happening. Maybe they went too far, like in war, this is a pandemic. I’d rather they try to do too much then too little. nothing this bad has happened to the world in over a century. im just not buying the conspiracy that it’s to try to take our freedom away. Doesn’t make any sense.

just my point of view.

Dustin

The gov did correctly with the Models it had at the time. I dont fault them for that. some of the big city Govs took advantage of the situation after the 1st few weeks. Kinda like Hoarders with toliet paper have done.. then when things started looking like it wasnt as bad as they thought. they injected Politics into it and the media did what they do best. Over inflate everything to make someone look bad. in this case it was Trump and his Administration again Who would have thunked. ;)

Remember these are the same clowns that condemned trump for banning flights from certain countries and where the ones to say That his administration was overdoing it.

more time goes on and the dems started taking more advantage of it from a political standpoint and a money stand point with the help of the media. changed there tune 180º when trumps Administration started backing off and looking at the full picture of the virus and different models.

In the last 3-4 weeks they have gone just nuts with there new so called lock down power, I mean seriously your in a store buying groceries and shoot but you cant go to the next isle in the same store to buy seeds, electronics toys for the kids, clothes etc etc.

The dems in most cases cant think rationally They go to the extream on everything and they have absolutely NO COMMON SENCE. look at Ca Ny NJ Michigan amd a few other states and the so called laws they enacted in the last 3-4 weeks. Ca has open beaches and parks except orange county CA. look at Michigan and Washington state and there lock down order everything is shut down you can go boating but you cant fish?,  some other states have even dumber lock downs get pulled over for driving, walking out side, seeing family and the list goes on. when people dont listen and ask them questions to them, they take more measures and blame those people for even asking questions on this or that.

The bad part is people in these cities are for the most part dumb, they have no common sense and only believe what people tell them.

The only conspiricy was from CHINA and the WHO they hid the fact that it got out of a lab then used to to get back at the USA mainly trump for the tarriffs and hurt the USA,

of coarse they blame the so called wet Markets as thats an easy one to blame from a human stand point especially in the US and other parts of the world were people think they stuff they do in those is sick and demented and been wanting to shut those down for ever. funny thin the WET MArkets been around before the beginning of time, people may have gotten sick but not virus sick from eating a Bat. They could have easily said that these Bats had a flea that transmitted the disease like haunta virus and the plague. that would ahve been a little more believable , that chinese dude ate a bat and started spewing the china cough .  Whats even funnier is China never shut the wet markets down.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, trphyhntr said:

new york is 8.4 million people in 302 square miles. climate. lifestyles. phoenix is less than 2 mill people in 517 miles. why would be like new york or worse?

2/3's of the world didnt do any shutdown. ny has a death rate 200x higher than the other 10 biggest cities in the world and tokyo had 93 deaths they didnt shut down. 

1 hour ago, trphyhntr said:

what facts do i need to check, NY has a 200x higher death rate than the other top 10 biggest cities in the world. something funky happening there. the original comment i responded to of yours was about the rest of the country being like NY or worse. my response probably not, i stand by that. 

hospitals are empty. 

you dont see this being political play at all? 

1 hour ago, dustin25 said:

Wuhan 3869 deaths ( plus whatever China hasn’t told us,probably a lot.) 

NYC 13,600 deaths.

....200x?

there is ALWAYS a political angle in everything. I just don’t think this is a conspiracy to take our rights. 
rights stepped on? Yes probably. Should we be concerned about it? Yes for sure. Is this a big conspiracy to take our rights? No I don’t believe so, at this point.

when did i say anything about the city of Wuhan? 

again, this discussion started with you saying the rest of the country would be like NY or worse if we didnt shut down. which is absolutely false 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

53 minutes ago, HuntHarder said:

Why was your daughter denied unemployment.  What reason did they give.  I know several people who filed and it got approved fairly quickly.

I really don’t know why. I will talk to her and find out. It’s hard as a parent when your kid calls you crying because she can’t work, can’t pay bills, and has no idea when they will “allow” her to work again. Very frustrating to say the least. I figured it would be a no brainer for her to receive unemployment but hasn’t happened yet...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mc68 said:

I really don’t know why. I will talk to her and find out. It’s hard as a parent when your kid calls you crying because she can’t work, can’t pay bills, and has no idea when they will “allow” her to work again. Very frustrating to say the least. I figured it would be a no brainer for her to receive unemployment but hasn’t happened yet...

There was a snippet this week about it on NPR and your daughters case is very common and most states, other than California, are close to two months behind in getting benefits out due to the lack of manpower and the sheer amount of claims being filed.

Die by the sword.. Lambs to slaughter

Heard today it will be around 18 - 24 more months and 70% of the population will get it.

Lets get it on, let the cards fall where they may.

Really 2 more years, were all dead anyway..

God bless, we are humans we figure it out. I'm more concerned about the murder hornet from Asia

• Like 1

Yeah I saw that hornet on the news. We are all gonna die. 

Just now, ctafoya said:

Yeah I saw that hornet on the news. We are all gonna die. 

Yep. The africanized killer bee was going to be the end of us all in the 90's too...

• Like 1

Oh these things are the chit, they bite heads off and chit down your thought.

I thank you all for the replies here, and Dustin, I agree with you on a lot of your points - something needed to be done, and in most cases it's been more about erring on the side of caution, which is a perfectly logical thing to do.

My point is, if something like this happens, exactly how much power does the government have to create laws off the cuff without due process. I mean think about it - we've already seen huge overreach.

What if it was bigger, even than this? How far can they go? I can see everything from martial law, to disarming law abiding people if the situation was deemed appropriate by the ones in charge. 

What we are seeing is totalitarian rule, with no input from us - we the people. A handful of state governors with free range to make up whatever laws they want. A state of emergency should not be allowed to create a dictatorship, no matter how well-intentioned it might seem. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mc68 said:

Ironic the feds bulked up unemployment paid to the state to disperse and they are denying claims. As stated before I would take dirty covid coins over state handouts. They throw the word fraud around to anyone and everyone to applies for benefits and then they defraud the people who need the money by denying them. 

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/tucker-carlson-during-coronavirus-pandemic-totalitarianism-doesnt-shock-us-anymore

You absolutely have to follow the link above. It's exactly what I started this thread about - and I found it *after* posting this. It takes a couple minutes to get into the meat, but, trust me. Watch it and you'll see, I'm not alone in feeling this way.

56 minutes ago, Coach said:

I thank you all for the replies here, and Dustin, I agree with you on a lot of your points - something needed to be done, and in most cases it's been more about erring on the side of caution, which is a perfectly logical thing to do.

My point is, if something like this happens, exactly how much power does the government have to create laws off the cuff without due process. I mean think about it - we've already seen huge overreach.

What if it was bigger, even than this? How far can they go? I can see everything from martial law, to disarming law abiding people if the situation was deemed appropriate by the ones in charge. 

What we are seeing is totalitarian rule, with no input from us - we the people. A handful of state governors with free range to make up whatever laws they want. A state of emergency should not be allowed to create a dictatorship, no matter how well-intentioned it might seem. 

Thats the problem with too many people they always throw the "What if's" don't worry about the "What if's" thats what kills more people than the anything else.

• Like 2

They stopped teaching the constitution and founding principles in public school and colleges.  The masses now accept tyrannical govt policies in order to keep them “safe.”  NYC is the only area that needs shelter in place, everywhere else should be open.  It is total bs and now you see the Dems pushing for vote by mail so they can cheat more easily- never let a good crisis go to waste

• Like 2

On 5/2/2020 at 10:24 AM, dustin25 said:

I hope you’re right that a lot of people already had it! That would be best case scenario! But we just don’t know. I want to open up as much as anyone. Smartly. And we just aren’t there yet. Erring on the side of caution vs potentially letting this thing get way out of hand and killing a whole lot of people is an easy decision to me. Darryl I was with you. Me and a large group around me got sick in February. Checked all the boxes of covid. Even lost sense of smell. We were convinced. Antibody test says I did not have it.... no need to get panties in bunches over me saying that I don’t think it’s a conspiracy. Or do you not agree in me having the freedom to disagree with you? 
the lack of being able the hear about a different opinion then your own, with an open mind, even if you disagree,without getting on a soap box, is the real threat to our country.(extreme,no common sense partisanship) For those that are worried for the wellfare of our country.

You don't have to hope that a lot of people have already been infected, it's a fact!  There's are now studies coming in from multiple states, Cali & NY among them, and many European countries showing that this crap has been burning through the world's societies for a lot longer than admitted and it is already waaaaay past the point of containment.  

Every decision has a cost associated with it.  The decision to stomp on everybody's freedoms & make the populace effectively prisoners in their own homes has already netted an uptick in child & spousal abuse, child molestation, alcohol & drug abuse, suicide, and people dying from lack of health care because they're either a.) too afraid to go to the hospital, or b.) the hospitals won't treat them.  The "b.)" factor here has hit my family personally.  I have a young nephew that has suddenly started having violent seizures.  Hospitals won't schedule him for an MRI because their capacity has to be saved for Covid.  He's up to I think 10 or so seizures in less than six weeks.  This is a mild example, there's people around the country dying at home, because they can't or won't go to the Dr.  A week ago a UN spokesman announced their predicting up to 130 million deaths of starvation world wide if the economy doesn't get up and going again very soon.  Poverty kills more people than any virus around the globe.

The cure was worse than the disease right since the beginning.  Many people spotted this as the wrong move to make, it's been a political game right from the beginning.  The people that are dying from suicide & poverty & lack of care will be swept under the rug & reported on very little if at all.  The only thing that will make news is the covid crap and the number of covid deaths will be used as a sledge hammer to swing back & forth in debates & attack ads.  Fear mongering makes the media money and it keeps useless politicians in office.  

I would be willing to bet that 90% of the "covid deaths" were people that were really short on time anyway, and would have died just as easily from any ailment.  Any common cold or flu bug is sufficient to finish off someone that's already terminally ill.

• Like 6