Sign in to follow this  
vitalzone

Courtnix Quail

location?

We may be interested in some of these.i need to research it a little.  I don’t know anything about them but my boys have been wanting to get some quail. We live in Marana too. We are planning to butcher the rest of our meat chickens tonight and that will clear up some pen space. I’ll be in touch. 

My girlfriend and I used to have 3 dozen coturnix. Amazing eggs. Unseasoned quail eggs tastes like store bought chicken eggs that is seasoned with salt and pepper. Best eggs ive had in my life by far. We decided to cull the entire flock after one year due to the summer heat here in the valley. The poor things were under my patio with several floor fans and they were constantly panting until late in the night when it cooled down slightly.

Whoever is interested you wont be sorry. Great eggs and even better meat! They really dont make noise unless you have a rooster and even then its very little noise in the morning.

How big are the eggs? I'm imagining something like this or maybe a little bigger.....?

f74c189d4f8114910a8333d6cb6ad092.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, 5guyshunting said:

How big are the eggs? I'm imagining something like this or maybe a little bigger.....?

f74c189d4f8114910a8333d6cb6ad092.jpg

Roughly 3 quail eggs to equal 1 large store bought chicken egg

• Like 1

Good stuff, used to eats eggs on the he'll when dad raised them, now its love birds,,