tyler1215

Application numbers

I'm curious what you all think in regards to this years application numbers d/t the virus. I'm thinking there could be way less people applying for deer because of financial reasons. 

I love to thought that might happen but don’t believe it will affect numbers much at all except possibly NR’s. Might be more of them just do BPs. Was up around Alpine area last couple weekends and was absolutely crazy how many people were in the woods. Saw more folks on Juniors only hunt then ever had before...

• Like 2

Ya, great dream. But please convince your buddies not to put in. Just kidding. Gonna be more then ever.

As far as NR go, I think states with a point system have you hooked until you can cash out.  I would guess it affects a state like NM way more that doesn’t do points on a year like this year and has raised fees (at least it did for me this year).  Even states like CO that have points but where it used to be cheap to put in every year have increased their fees significantly over the last 2 years while hunting quality seems down overall and many I know are looking to cash out their points and be done with them.  

Don't forget that us low down huntin folks are all the essential workers so we have all the money now.

• Like 3

I wouldn't count on it. Colorado had an increase in applications this year and their deadline was April 7th.  Nevada's deadline is tomorrow and they will draw on the 22nd. I think their application numbers would be a good indicator if AZ will have decrease in nr applications since Nevada also requires a $160 license fee if you want to earn points. 

2 hours ago, tyler1215 said:

I'm curious what you all think in regards to this years application numbers d/t the virus. I'm thinking there could be way less people applying for deer because of financial reasons. 

But they don’t have to pay unless they get drawn. So probably no effect on the numbers.

when they started the online apps. 

applications multiplied.

Now that it's all online , numbers of apps will definitely go up.

Virus  shouldn't  make a difference in the draw

Let's see stimulus money.  Wife  and 3 kids  that's 3900 right.. 

In times of stress good people revert back to huntin their own food.  Applications?, I dont need no stinkin application.  😷