Sign in to follow this  
Hunterjohnny

Woods Canyon Lake

Was talking about the chitting not the trash, and yes slobs are every color.

• Like 1

We were up in 4A this past Thursday through Sunday for turkey. Adriane fished Woods Canyon Thursday morning. He arrived 7:30, wasn't crowded, and he caught 3 trout and a ton of sunfish (one keeper). By the time he left mid day was getting crowded. Crowded on rim road, but we camped way north of there. Few other campers where we were, but  lots of ATVs running around. Drive out Sunday afternoon was typically heavy traffic on rim road and dusty. Took 45 minutes to make left turn in Payson as traffic was backed up all the way to Star Valley. 

Well we went up Wed morning and it was already crowded.  Of course maintained campgrounds are closed so everyone was spread out.  Woods Canyon Store is open, restroom clean, and you can dump trash at the dumping station.  Down the road there are dumpsters overflowing all over its not being picked up there for some reason.  Fishing was over crowded the whole time, when did Woods Canyon become a bluegill lake, only caught a couple trout.

Next day we shot up to Black Canyon lake.  Lake is full, very few people.  Since there is no dumpster everyone filled the restrooms with trash with a little walkway inside to an overflowing toilet.  Nastiest restroom ever and that says a lot.  By Friday it was a solid line of people driving looking for spots, and side by sides racing around.  Made the wife mad by going over a campsite and letting them know there were no campfires, they thought they were special and were the only ones allowed, just couldn't let it be.  They laughed at me until I put my phone to my ear (no reception back there) then they doused it.

I lived in Pine a few years and remember not liking weekends in the summer because of all the extra traffic, but the whole town of Payson was such a traffic nightmare I understand the dislike of Flatlanders, what a mess.

Thanks for all the tips, hope this helps someone else trying to get away a weekend.

lake2.jpg

lake3.jpg

lake1.jpg

Really.... dang last time I was there we caught h 200 and we had a boil. It was great. That's been a few years now though. 

On 5/11/2020 at 8:44 AM, HyNoon said:

Really.... dang last time I was there we caught h 200 and we had a boil. It was great. That's been a few years now though. 

They stay deep until the water warms up.

• Like 1

On 5/6/2020 at 7:34 AM, MULEPACKHUNTER said:

In every genre there’s are outliers, I have ran into hikers who are carrying other people’s trash and I have seen hiking groups leave a bunch of trash as well. 
About three times I have went to hit an improved toilet here in Az and found the pile to be above the seat !!!! Now that is something special, imagine the last 9 or 10 folks had to help out to get it that high. I’m not kidding at all. Back then we didn’t have cameras or I would have a photo. I’m talking a foot high out of the lid. I guess it was like a sport at that point. 

That’s effing nasty 

On 5/6/2020 at 8:31 PM, muledeerarea33? said:

I like a good racial joke as much as the next guy but it’s really a slob thing. I’ve seen plenty of Mexicans throwing trash and whites doing the same. Watched a black dude throw a sardine can on the ground at an intersection while at a light.

Haha 

On 5/6/2020 at 5:25 PM, PRDATR said:

What's a Mexican Thing? I must have missed that, littering? Anyway it is write not right.

No it’s wiping your bum and throwing it in trash can. 

• Like 1

Stopped by woods this afternoon and it was crowded but not annoying crowded. Caught a few trout and a sunfish every other cast. 
a lot more folks than I have ever seen on a wed but I dint stop there often. 

• Like 3

Like small tiny lobster, cook like shrimp, or boil..

• Like 1