Sign in to follow this  
CouesFanatic

20B December Rifle Mule Deer

I'm kind of in the same boat, I have a 11yr that will be putting in with me this year for deer. I was recently in 20a near Prescott on the way to a hiking trail and saw no less than 30+ does and 10+ fawns within a two mile area.  I'm not too familiar with the unit for deer, but I'm seriously thinking about it and ditching my faithful 36 unit that my buddy turned me on to. I did a solo hunt down there last year and harvested a little 6-point, but man my heighten awareness was getting out of control knowing all crap that goes on down there... not certain that i want to bring a little one to that mess just yet. I'm trying to get out a bit more in 20a and my son has a youth cow tag in 7, so I'm trying to look at that for a deer option while we learn the area over the next few weeks.

Well heck... that is 20a. I always flip those units around.

On 5/5/2020 at 5:08 PM, ruthunter said:

If you have 10+ points this year you will definitely be guaranteed a 20b tag. With the same points you can draw the Oct rifle kaibab tag which IMO is a better hunt.

There are only 4 bonus pass tags for the 20B Dec hunt. Ladt year it was a new hunt. I wouldn't be surprised if you get a handful of 11 or 12 point guys applying for it, which would throw pff the predictions.  It is hard to ever pin down what will guarantee a bonus pass tag for those hunts with so few tags in that round. Look at the bonus pass data for the 17B Dec hunt over the last 5 years and you can see the occasional variation.