Outdoor Writer

BLM Shooting Ranges

Interesting.   I think it's cool that they are doing this.  That being said, I'm super curious about how it will be managed.  In reading the story, it appears that these will be very small set-ups (small compared to Usery or Ben Avery).   4.5MM+ people in the valley, so of course demand is through the roof!!!   So again, I'm really curious how it will be managed.  Staffed??  Or just sort of open with "gentleman's rules"??

Either way, I like that they are doing it.

S.

11 minutes ago, stanley said:

Interesting.   I think it's cool that they are doing this.  That being said, I'm super curious about how it will be managed.  In reading the story, it appears that these will be very small set-ups (small compared to Usery or Ben Avery).   4.5MM+ people in the valley, so of course demand is through the roof!!!   So again, I'm really curious how it will be managed.  Staffed??  Or just sort of open with "gentleman's rules"??

Either way, I like that they are doing it.

S.

Here's a good article that explains more of the details. 

https://www.yourvalley.net/stories/five-recreational-shooting-sites-in-phoenix-area-approved,135325

• Like 1

BLM has millions of square miles of shooting ranges now.  Why have shooting ranges that congregate people.  Oh I get it,  it is for idiots that dont know how to behave without supervision.   😷

2 hours ago, ThomC said:

BLM has millions of square miles of shooting ranges now.  Why have shooting ranges that congregate people.  Oh I get it,  it is for idiots that dont know how to behave without supervision.   😷

Hmmm.....    I guess I really don't see a problem with it.  I'll still go out in the hills and shoot, and sometimes I might be tempted to check-out one of these places. 

Guess everyone who has ever gone to Ben Avery or Usery must be an idiot....  🙄🤣

Now I wish they would start easing the crowding at current lakes and make some more.  Build them along and use the CAP water.  When was the last time AZ made a new lake?  Yet our population keeps growing exponentially.  Seriously, it makes me feel good when I see our tax $ go to more ways we can recreate outdoors. You younger fellas should be the loudest voices or you will not have anything.  I don't have answers just ideas.

If Biden wins these projects will be discontinued on DAY ONE

16 hours ago, JSR said:

If Biden wins these projects will be discontinued on DAY ONE

Only if he can remember to follow up.  

• Like 1