muledeerarea33?

Mini split A/C question.

15 minutes ago, Lucafu1 said:

Ive been looking at amazon and they have a 36K Pioneer for $2k.......I might have to get it.

From what I’ve seen that’s a decent price! Single room or dual unit? Gotta figure $2-500 for charging unless you have a vac pump and do it yourself.

• Like 1

How much attic space is there, they make little airhamdlers for mini splits you can add duct work too

1 hour ago, muledeerarea33? said:

From what I’ve seen that’s a decent price! Single room or dual unit? Gotta figure $2-500 for charging unless you have a vac pump and do it yourself.

Just a 1200 sqft shop. Yeah I have a vacuum pump. Only thing I dont wanna touch is the electrical. Me and electricity dont get a long😅

3 hours ago, Lucafu1 said:

Ive been looking at amazon and they have a 36K Pioneer for $2k.......I might have to get it.

Pioneer is the one my AC guy recommended. Had a Goodman before that. @PowellSixO is right the mini splits just don’t last and seem to be hard to repair. 

I put a Pioneer 12,000 BTU unit on the downstairs room in my house 2 yrs ago.  Hired an electrician to pull the 220 to it, did everything else myself.  Very happy overall with it.  This room back when the house was built had the option of being the 4th bedroom or the 3rd car garage so it is long and narrow.  My only regret is the blower is at one end and I wish I would've bought the longer lines to install it in the middle of the room.  The A/C for the house just wouldn't move much air down to this room so I installed this unit and shut the vent off for the room.  Worked out great

• Like 1

Mini splits often have to be replaced as a set also. If one piece fails and isn't repairable you have to replace both the indoor and outdoor units together. They are matched systems. 

34 minutes ago, Hoss50 said:

Mini splits often have to be replaced as a set also. If one piece fails and isn't repairable you have to replace both the indoor and outdoor units together. They are matched systems. 

Well dam. I almost have it completely installed. The wall unit I had lasted about 10 years. If I can get that or half of that out of this one I’ll be happy. It’s supposed to have a 5 year parts and 7 year compressor warranty.

well I finished installing it today. Ended up putting it in the kitchen due to space. It’s at the far end/corner of the house but it’s 70 inside and 86 out side right now. Was 71 inside and 95 outside when I first turned it on at 4:30pm. I’m checking my temp at the far other end of the house and the unit is set at 69. It’s very quite! Both the condenser and evaporator. Comfort level is way better than the window units even though the temp is about the same. Thanks for all the input, hope it’ll last a while.

• Like 1