Sign in to follow this  
AZDirtyTaco

Leave No Trace

Just now, AZLance said:

I hang all my extra hide pieces on the nearest barbed wire fence...always some hillbilly from Payson or Showlow that will come and take it!

I know a few ranchers in our are that welcome coyote hides hung on the fence. A few of them will hang sheep hides. They claim it keeps predators away.

7 hours ago, standman said:

On Apache sitgreaves National Forest this past weekendBBA0E701-F83B-436A-AD31-23B47C7AD375.thumb.jpeg.d3ce480d62b6deb6db1b81a332b7bd57.jpeg6CB9FA8A-E539-402E-A58E-3EC34E27982A.thumb.jpeg.4cc7bf70504329749a3383b9c75e7e53.jpeg

Same dirtbags that leave their broken sleds up north in the snow.

Looks like pretty much normal for high use areas on weekends. There’s only a few places that we stay that have improved camp sights and they are pay by the day so we don’t see much laziness there. 
I would love to see everyone pack out all trash including human waste. We use a camp compost toilet almost every trip and pack it home for the garbage. Even on 2 week trips we use that method. Nothing worse than piles and holes of crap all around a beautiful camp. 
wilderness areas are the most hurtful to see this crap, even 6 or 7 miles deep with no roads some one decides to drop water bottles, Tim cans, plastic bags of wrappers and even dirty socks and underwear. I have seen it all. 
people just can’t follow the rules , I still find trail cams and tree stands in wilderness areas like people own the place. It sucks but as long as there are people there will be dumb ones who will never learn or evolve. 
the fire pit thing is just odd to me, have you ever seen where there’s a nice main pit and then 5 new one’s built all around it within like 15 feet???? I don’t get that one. See it a lot. 
I also see a lot of black trash bags left in camps for the trash company to come get it on Tuesday and Friday ???? Are people from town really that dumb????

its not that freakin hard, dang humans are really not evolving well. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, northAZarcher said:

My issue is fires.  Have had to put out roaring fires numerous times of people that have just left and didn't drown out the fire.  One had flames over 2 feet high when my buddy and myself used our water and shovel to put it out. 

Numerous?

16 hours ago, jdown said:

I tell you one more thing that drives me nuts and just gives hunters a bad name.. take your hides for a drive or at least a walk. We pulled into a camp 2 years ago on a rifle cow hunt the Thursday after the youth hunt and 6 (yes 6) hides laying in camp.  Just disgusting to be that lazy and leave that for someone else to pick up or worse, more ammo for someone on the fence..  But yes, people are fkn pigs with their garbage and sh!t wipe. 

I was taught from the time that I first started hunting as a kid that you always get the hide off the meat as soon as possible. I have never gone back to camp with an animal that still had the hide on. I see it all the time in pictures, so over the years I just figured that I was in the minority in doing it that way. 

9 hours ago, AZkiller said:

Meskins

White dickheads as well...At least you are honest with your hate. I respect honesty.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TOBY said:

White dickheads as well...At least you are honest with your hate. I respect honesty.

Yes. But mostly people with a bunch of kids and a Dodge truck that aren't from here. I don't hate them for being Mexican. But for trashing my State yes. I do. I suppose some of the trash along the border isn't from them either but most is. A quick jont through Guadalupe, or downtown Glendale may help you in your delusion of facts.

Im not doubting the trash seen it with my own eyes. My Mexican kids were raised better and I just get pissed when when they are blanketed in with the trash side of their race.

Mexican is not a race. It's a nationality. I'm glad you raised your kids right. Thank you. But you are an American that takes pride in our home. Most of the pigs aren't.

I don’t mind getting blanketed with the trash side of my race, those dudes get some good vcr’s and car stereos. 

• Like 1

Tough turning point on the conversation. While I think many can agree that there are some cultural differences in the way we see people from Mexico treat the land, it's safe to say that we as American's are adopting the wrong philosophy of caring for this place. Who's influencing who?

Replace Dodge truck full of Mexican's with - line of 6 RZR's full of red-blooded Merican's with coolers full of beer.  Same same.  Actually, animals seem to prefer the trash....

• Like 2

I have started a new fire pit but only because the previous campers burned a bunch of trash, mainly plastics. 

I will clean it out before I leave and cover up mine too. 

I follow everything else mentioned in the original post except I leave my firewood. I have found evidence of dumbasses cutting down live trees for firewood. Mostly because I appreciate when a nice pile of wood is waiting for me.

At the end if every trip everyone is handed a trash bag and all trash is picked up regardless. Those who complain about picking up other people's trash are never welcomed in my camp again. Ever.

• Like 3

Channel 3 covered this on the news this morning, had those pictures plus a couple more... Kimmie struggled but got the info out there. 🤮

• Like 1

14 hours ago, SonnyK said:

Channel 3 covered this on the news this morning, had those pictures plus a couple more... Kimmie struggled but got the info out there. 🤮

I wish there was more done to educate people into being responsible.

• Like 1