Sign in to follow this  
jpsciteacher

Cooler recommendations

I want/need a new cooler and wanted to know if I really needed to spend money on a yeti style or if there is a better alternative. Let me know what you guys like or use.

Thanks.

f yeti  Canyon cooler and there made up in flag.have retailers all over az  well worth the money. can also order online

• Like 2

+1 on the Canyon, or actually +6 since thats how many I have.  Better warranty, no questions asked lifetime, even if  you're not the original owner.

I sell both Yeti and Canyon, only own Canyon.  They do what they promise, ice will last a lot longer than even the "extremes" the cheapie companies offer, which really dont keep ice any longer IMO.  I had ice on the early Kaibab at the end of day 10, plenty to ice down my deer for the trip home.

Another vote for Canyon Cooler for their quality and it's an AZ company (Flagstaff).

Use block ice, pre-cool it and minimize lid usage, and it should keep things cold for 7-10 days.

I have a 75 qt. CC I found on clist last year.  I would look on clist and offerup and be ready to buy when they pop up.

Good shape, fairly priced roto-molded coolers go quickly so know what size you want, and what price you are willing to pay, and then search early and often and move vite, vite when it is listed.

I paid $150 for my CC and was thrilled to get it at that price.  New it would have been about $300.  Most roto-molded coolers in that size are in the $300-$400 price range no matter the brand.

Good luck,

Eddie

There is a vid on youtube of a guy that took a cheapo Igloo and filled the walls and lid full of self expanding foam and added a gasket to the lid.

Then he did a pretty thorough ice test and it worked better than the RTIC and the Yeti

Costco is now carrying a rotomolded one ... can't remember brand but it is not cheap but not nearly as expensive as yeti.  wonder how they are staying in business???

Agree on Canyon for performance and a local AZ company. I can’t pass up RTIC when they go on sale all the time though. 

Vibe or RTIC both great deals.  The VIbe has more features.  I really like the look of the Canyon coolers but have not owned one just to big of a price difference from the others.

Canyo or rtic great for the money, rtic got a great sale. Trphyhntr right don't leave anything in it that will leave an bad or rotten smell the Rubber gasket holds it for ever.