Sign in to follow this  
AZLance

Shooting baned on some national forests

Should have gone when I had the chance. I dont like the range. I'm too impatient 

• Like 1

Good timing. I was wrongly critical of the call to ban fires early on and up until I made my way to some other corners of the state. It dried up out there wicked fast.

So I am up early with fresh coffee and oatmeal all ready to go shoot a ladder test and finish another load with a different powder only to read that Im shut down.  Thanks for posting this up AZLance!

3 hours ago, 452b264 said:

So I am up early with fresh coffee and oatmeal all ready to go shoot a ladder test and finish another load with a different powder only to read that Im shut down.  Thanks for posting this up AZLance!

I couldn't see you having a problem working up a new load if you don't go to an obvious spot and assuming you're not running a bunch of rounds. 

1 hour ago, AZDirtyTaco said:

I couldn't see you having a problem working up a new load if you don't go to an obvious spot and assuming you're not running a bunch of rounds. 

Because the rules only apply and fires are only started in the obvious spots.. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Ohthatguy said:

Because the rules only apply and fires are only started in the obvious spots.. 

Nah...  Because a couple of rounds to site-in or load develop in an area that is low risk for fire is far from irresponsible.  Common sense amongst an informed audience was my logic.

7 hours ago, 452b264 said:

Hey bro try your loads out on coyotes and you're good to go.

Just don't take those fire breathing air guns, we all know what a destructive force they are. What's next, Nerf Guns?

Under the order, firing any gun, air rifle or gas gun will be prohibited beginning Wednesday except for during lawful hunting. 

I suspect if use of steel core bullets, tracers, and tannerite were eliminated by shooters, then the wildfire problems would be mitigated.

452, is BLM land closed?

7 hours ago, Riflerack31 said:

I thought all target shooting was banned when the fire ban went into effect. So according to this i can still shoot in Apache-Sitgreaves National Forest?

Apache Sitgreaves has been closed since 22 April

https://firerestrictions.us/az/

signs stated so on the 1st of may driving up 87/260

yet there was still target shooting along chamberlain trail to haigler creek zoo

james

1 hour ago, trphyhntr said:

The most liberal opinion I have, I think target shooting should be in designated areas only 

Agreed.  Because too many people dont have any common sense, they shoot up bottles, glass, tv's, etc. and leave their shite behind, or they dont have a freaking clue on what a backstop is and you have ricochets going off in all directions.   We dang near got taken out on an archery pig hunt by a bunch of jackwads shooting into a rock covered hill.  Had their kids with them,  we were down the road from them and had bullets that  went less than  two feet over our heads  by the sound of it,  I lit them up to the point my friends reminded me afterwards, we only had bows, they had firearms.   My filter broke that day.

• Like 1