Sign in to follow this  
Sky Islands

Issues with outdoorsman stud installed on 10x42el’s

Greetings everyone,

I’m posting this to ask if anyone has had any issues or heard of any issues with the outdoorsman stud being installed on the Swarovski el’s. I have used the outdoorsman adaptor on 15s for 14 years but just sold them and got 10x42s. Can you share with me what you guys know or have experience with your els having the stud installed. Thank you and God bless!!! 

Call Outdoorsmans.  They send them to the Payson to have the tripod/stud manufacturer install them on ELs.  I think they have an agreement with Swarovski that allows them to do that without voiding the Swarovski warranty.  I've not heard of anyone doing a DIY Outdoorsmans stud installation on ELs.  From the Outdoorsmans shop it's about a 1 week turn around.

I had them installed on a pair two years ago and have not had any issues whatsoever.  I'll post a picture when I get off work. Feel free to PM me or I can give you my number if you want to talk more about.

I have several pairs of various Swarovski binoculars ( including the EL range ) all with the outdoorsmans stud in them. I have sent all of them back at one time or another for service/cleaning. I have never had any issues with either the stud or Swarovski and their service department. On one occasion I sent a pair of EL 12’s back for a hinge issue they repaired it under warranty but when the binoculars came back it had a new hinge without the stud. The outdoorsmans had another stud installed at no charge to me. 

Thanks, Jimmer, PRDATR, and azelkhunter2 for the info it’s has been helpful. I’m gonna go with it and have it installed. I just had a friend tell me that it sometimes knocks the collimation off and Swarovski has to fix it. I think he said that because his buddy is making bino adaptors for the models of binos that you can’t thread the stud into. Thank you so much and Good luck on your season!! God bless!