Sign in to follow this  
roadbomber1

Nosler Ablr 210gr .308

I have been playing around with the accubond long range 210gr out of my 300win mag with a 1:10 twist and I just don’t think the gun really likes them I have tried multiple seating depths from .25-.75 off the lands. Used retumbo and h1000 just wanting to try something different either the Berger 210vld or the Hornady edlx 212 willing to trade Projectiles or sell I have 300 rounds of factory 2nds (blemished) id sell for 40$ per 100rounds. I also have a bran new box of nosler Ballistic Tip 140gr .284 I bought but will never use I would be willing to trade or sell as well maybe take 30$ for them.

Don't feel bad.    I sent about 200 ABLR projectiles down range before I gave up.   I could never get them to shoot consistent out of my gun.    I switched to ELD-X bullets and have been shooting tiny holes since.   Bergers are probably more accurate I just don't like how they perform on critters.   

I did shoot one MD with a ABLR bullet and it went bang flop.   Just wish they were accurate at distance.  

• Like 2

On 5/13/2020 at 12:42 PM, recurveman said:

Don't feel bad.    I sent about 200 ABLR projectiles down range before I gave up.   I could never get them to shoot consistent out of my gun.    I switched to ELD-X bullets and have been shooting tiny holes since.   Bergers are probably more accurate I just don't like how they perform on critters.   

I did shoot one MD with a ABLR bullet and it went bang flop.   Just wish they were accurate at distance.  

I have got them grouping a little better now especially with retumbo but I’m down to 3 pounds so trying to save it for my 7mm and stick with h1000, I’m gonna go test some different seating depths this weekend and see if they are worth keeping. Are you shooting the 212gr eldx I thought about trying those. I keep hearing horror stories about Berger’s but I love the 195s out of my 7mm I destroyed a Coues at 1142yrds 1 shot and a bear the next day at 684yrds then my buddy’s dad used my gun that same day on a 630yards Coues all 1 shot and done. I guess until I loose a critter I’ll keep shooting them, if they were to fail it would probably be when I get a chance and the biggest deer I’ve ever seen. 

15 hours ago, roadbomber1 said:

I have got them grouping a little better now especially with retumbo but I’m down to 3 pounds so trying to save it for my 7mm and stick with h1000, I’m gonna go test some different seating depths this weekend and see if they are worth keeping. Are you shooting the 212gr eldx I thought about trying those. I keep hearing horror stories about Berger’s but I love the 195s out of my 7mm I destroyed a Coues at 1142yrds 1 shot and a bear the next day at 684yrds then my buddy’s dad used my gun that same day on a 630yards Coues all 1 shot and done. I guess until I loose a critter I’ll keep shooting them, if they were to fail it would probably be when I get a chance and the biggest deer I’ve ever seen. 

I was shooting the 6.5MM 142 grain ABLR  bullets.    I couldn't get them to shoot.   My issue was huge elevation changes.   I would shoot 6-10 shots right where I wanted them and then I would have a couple shots 2 MOA high.    Then I would shoot another 6-10 shots where I wanted to and then I would have a shot or two go 2 MOA low.    I chased that for months and months.   I thought it might even by my shooting or form.   Probably put 200 rounds down the tube until I threw in the towel.   I'm a big nosler fan but I couldn't get those to work.    I changed over to 143 grain ELD-X bullets and never had an elevation issue.    Now I have a very nice water line out to a grand.     

• Like 1