sherman

ISO someone who works with leather

Hoping to find someone who can make a leather sheath for a knife I made let me know

Screenshot_20200508-183744_Google.jpg

I do leather work. Check out Southern Desert Leather on Facebook and Instagram. If you like my work shoot me a message on one of those. Or let me know on here. But I don't get on here very often. 

Jared does really good work. He's done some custom sheaths for me and very happy with the way they came out. He's my go to guy.

• Like 2

This guys is in North Tucson/Oro Valley are and does great work.

https://www.thorshammercustomleather.com/

He did a custom sheath for a hunting knife that was my grandfather's and will be my son's some day.  Every mark on the sheath is meaningful but the fact that it holds my grandfather's knife makes it a working heirloom. Here's a pic:

image.thumb.jpeg.bf58e83a05a5953ab5a7065a25106784.jpeg

Read his "How to Order/Contact me" section of his website.  He certainly comes off a curmudgeonly but in a way that makes you smile.  I've not met him in person.   Whoever you choose, post pics of the final product.  I think leather work of all kinds is cool.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jimmer Negamanee said:

This guys is in North Tucson/Oro Valley are and does great work.

https://www.thorshammercustomleather.com/

He did a custom sheath for a hunting knife that was my grandfather's and will be my son's some day.  Every mark on the sheath is meaningful but the fact that it holds my grandfather's knife makes it a working heirloom. Here's a pic:

image.thumb.jpeg.bf58e83a05a5953ab5a7065a25106784.jpeg

Read his "How to Order/Contact me" section of his website.  He certainly comes off a curmudgeonly but in a way that makes you smile.  I've not met him in person.   Whoever you choose, post pics of the final product.  I think leather work of all kinds is cool.

I really got a kick out of his website. Is your knife an old Western?

21 hours ago, PRDATR said:

I really got a kick out of his website. Is your knife an old Western?

It's a KA-BAR.  I can't read what it says under the KA but I'll try posting pics of the stamping here.  If anyone knows anything about the history of this knife (model, dates of manufacture, etc.) I'd love to hear it and I'd add it to the family history when it gets handed down.

image.png.4be1f734a85836c09653e4cdde886a85.png

image.png.196ede15221df047ebab2df56a38dc5e.png

• Like 1