azsugarbear

Rules For Classifieds

It's interesting to see all the different responses.  Here's another example: I seem to recall that on several occasions someone has put up an item for sale w/o a price - and several members have jumped in and stated that the OP had to list a price in ordeer to post an item  Am I crazy, or was this on another site?  If not, where is that rule written down?  I've seen a lot of posters claiming this or that on the classifieds, but there just doesn't appear to be any rules.  Again - I'm not advocating either side, I'm just trying to separate fact from fiction.  It sounds like there is no set of rules, other than ones own personal code of conduct.

4 hours ago, knothead said:

If I told the first guy I would hold it for him until next week, then I will keep my word and sell to the first guy.  If you're the type of person where your name and word mean nothing, then you will do whatever you want anyway. 

Does not matter if it is a complete stranger or your best friend.  Your word is your word IMO.

If the first guy said he would take it in a week, I’d tell him no first money gets it.

Then the first guy would start a thread saying how he messaged first and the seller screwed him. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, azsugarbear said:

It's interesting to see all the different responses.  Here's another example: I seem to recall that on several occasions someone has put up an item for sale w/o a price - and several members have jumped in and stated that the OP had to list a price in ordeer to post an item  Am I crazy, or was this on another site?  If not, where is that rule written down?  I've seen a lot of posters claiming this or that on the classifieds, but there just doesn't appear to be any rules.  Again - I'm not advocating either side, I'm just trying to separate fact from fiction.  It sounds like there is no set of rules, other than ones own personal code of conduct.

Let me guess you Wear a Mask while in the car alone too

20365.jpg

• Haha 1

I've listed a few items for sale and included my phone number. I get a PM from one guy and a text from another. Well, the PM came first but I wasn't notified, so the text was actually my first verified offer. The PM guy was upset because he was technically the first offer. 

In wanting to be fair, my policy now is whoever shows up first with the money gets the item. But I'll still do my best to give preference to the first to respond when possible.

• Like 1

i have found the ability to say 'no' without an apology is a sellers best asset after honesty.  a clear and credible NO when they want to modify your terms.  some buyers make 'causing trouble' a sport.  follow the terms you set forth in print and 'no' to modifications they think up.  grifters do exist.

lee

• Like 3

19 hours ago, wildwoody said:

Not sure totally on what your saying, there is a oral agreement law in AZ I believe, but I've gone thru this a few times.

Rules won't change anything, it common decency. I had a guy just recently told him ill take , where and when to meet, then crickets. Then saw it was sold after we had an agreement, sent him a pm and he went after my character. Some people are just argent jerks.

Is what it is , is that the same as ( as is ), buyer beware? Anyway your on the watch out list .lol  Made lots of great deals here with real stand up people. On this site..

Trphyhntr- I would at least contact him and explain, like i'm trying to do with bill@roofer..

My opinion only. Proceed 

The second to last line explains it all. Has he told you he's going to kick your azz yet?  He will.

20 hours ago, wildwoody said:

Not sure totally on what your saying, there is a oral agreement law in AZ I believe, but I've gone thru this a few times.

Rules won't change anything, it common decency. I had a guy just recently told him ill take , where and when to meet, then crickets. Then saw it was sold after we had an agreement, sent him a pm and he went after my character. Some people are just argent jerks.

Is what it is , is that the same as ( as is ), buyer beware? Anyway your on the watch out list .lol  Made lots of great deals here with real stand up people. On this site..

Trphyhntr- I would at least contact him and explain, like i'm trying to do with bill@roofer..

My opinion only. Proceed 

I’m on a watch out list? I’m confused here Dennis.

Was joking about your statement of basically to bad so sad. No list

• Like 1

Really, well he disappeared. That's not a good attitude when your soliciting work on here. I have no problems with him, besides he disappears. I could probably use a good butt kicking

On 5/8/2020 at 8:28 PM, azsugarbear said:

Is there a set of rules for conduct when buying/selling in the classifieds?  I just did a cursory view on the site and couldn't find what I was looking for.  I recently had a deal go sideways with a newbie seller who didn't understand an "I'll take it" post in his thread.  Losing out on the deal was minor compared to the amount of time I wasted putting my schedule on hold (it meant a couple hour trip to pick it up from him) , waiting for him to respond to me.  When I told him how things normally work on the site, I wanted to refer him to some ground rules as to how we operate.  Do they exist, or is it something we have informally made up and others learn over time by being on the site?  I'm talking about such things as an "I'll take it" posting in a thread, or how a posting in the thread takes priority over a PM, etc.  Inquiring minds want to know......

No, there are no rules governing how a buyer and seller come to terms and handle the deal.  There is a rule of no commercial sellers in the classifieds...it's intended to be for private sales, so hunters can buy and sell gear their gear.     

Interesting post.  I have had nothing but positive experiences both buying and selling on here.  The terms should be left to the seller, I have no problems telling low ballers to buzz off.  As a buyer I don't expect someone to hold something for me for 2 weeks.

• Like 1