hoghntr

Any tree trimmers on here? Landscape/arborists?

I have a giant mesquite in N.Phx that needs thinnning. I have had hit or miss luck with tree trimming companies so might as well just ask here and maybe get someone who will be our go to. I want it thinned not big chunks taken out all over it so that it is still heavy! I also don't want it looking any more Africa like than it already does thanks to a local 5 star company 😡 

I believe my neighborhood is about to have bull trash pick up so as long as branches cut in half for length they could stay here. 

Tree is tall so requires climbers. If you do landscape also I have just not been up to much yard work since back surgery so may have you do a clean up also.

Thanks and bids are welcome! I can take a picture today and post

Yes, having back surgery (especially more than twice) as we get older is no fun.

The only thing worst than having another birthday (physically falling apart more) is NOT having another birthday.

Todd South, Southern Xpress Precision Rifles of Mesa, was a professional tree climber/trimmer for years. He may not want to do it because he's so slammed with custom builds but he may know someone who will. 

Todd 602 677-thirty-seven ninety-one .

He is meticulous in everything he does and one of the nicest guys you could ever meet.

• Like 1

Be careful with who you chose. One of my employees just caught the landscaper banging his wife. 

• Haha 1
  • Wow! 2

You mean: Caught his wife banging the landscaper.  

4 minutes ago, Tres said:

Be careful with who you chose. One of my employees just caught the landscaper banging his wife. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Boarman03 said:

Yes, having back surgery (especially more than twice) as we get older is no fun.

The only thing worst than having another birthday (physically falling apart more) is NOT having another birthday.

Todd South, Southern Xpress Precision Rifles of Mesa, was a professional tree climber/trimmer for years. He may not want to do it because he's so slammed with custom builds but he may know someone who will. 

Todd 602 677-thirty-seven ninety-one .

He is meticulous in everything he does and one of the nicest guys you could ever meet.

+1

BB.jpg

• Like 1

TreeTek, ask for Lance. They came by my place yesterday and trimmed both of my mesquites. Great job and highly recommended. 

480-232-0633 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HuntHarder said:

You mean: Caught his wife banging the landscaper.  

Well yeah. I told him what makes it worse is that he was paying the landscaper to do it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

23 hours ago, Tres said:

Well yeah. I told him what makes it worse is that he was paying the landscaper to do it. 

This is why I do not have a pool 🤷‍♂️ 

Anyways... pic of tree as it suffocates neighbors jacaranda tree. 

20200511_102250.jpg

• Like 1

Lots of shade. Possibly need a boom truck to thin. You sure you want to thin at the start of summer? Or do you fear it will come down in a storm?

Too bad they are so messy, sappy, and attack sewer lines. Good smoking/cooking wood.

Here is a picture of their root system from one in my pasture. Yes it is upside down. More of a challenge to grow the that way. 😁

IMG_20191007_153500.jpg

I always have it thinned this time of year. It just got leaves back. It is heavy and yes not good in wind but No I do not fear this 1 coming down. Btw no thorns or sap.

26 minutes ago, PRDATR said:

Sounds like you have a Chilean Mesquite.

Yes I believe so... the kind with big beans and no sticky thorny mess. 👍 actually I think no beans last year 🤔 

You wanna thin em out before the Monsoons so the wind can blow thru em and not hit them like a wall and blow them over. Put a hose on them and deep water over nite . take them off the drip system ,unless you let it run for 12-14 hours. Deep water is better for all plants. not 25 minutes a day with your drip system ., Water only goes 4 inches deep. On a mature yard do that once a week in the summer thats all ya need ,roots will follow the water deep and keep trees from blowing over.  .........BOB!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, naturebob said:

You wanna thin em out before the Monsoons so the wind can blow thru em and not hit them like a wall and blow them over. Put a hose on them and deep water over nite . take them off the drip system ,unless you let it run for 12-14 hours. Deep water is better for all plants. not 25 minutes a day with your drip system ., Water only goes 4 inches deep. On a mature yard do that once a week in the summer thats all ya need ,roots will follow the water deep and keep trees from blowing over.  .........BOB!

I have been in this neighborhood almost 20 years now. I have had to watch 90% of the houses lose their trees in storms :( As you can tell by the size of mine at the base you can tell I treated mine a little differently thanks to mom working at landscape architect place at that time. Oh here is a picture of my neighbors tree on my truck just a month or 2 back 🤬 I try and have mine thinned once a year to not risk any breakage cuz we do get some really crazy twisting winds on my lot. I am at the end of a street that then turns toward i-17 & the winds come down the road and hit my tree and you can watch it twisting it is pretty gnarly. The kind of tree (acacia? The kind that has the watermelon looking seeds the white wind dove LOVE) in this pic on my truck has not done well around here but mostly cuz shallow short watering against base of trees. 🤷‍♂️

20200318_195022.jpg

20200318_194753.jpg

• Like 1