couesdeerhntr

I declined a goulds tag that was surrendered

Was it a bad call? I got a call from azgfd offering me the goulds tag. They called me on the sixth of may and I had already missed the first week of hunt. I turned it down due to fact I didn’t have any scouting done plus it would of been last minute and no way to get off work and be able to hunt for more than a few days at a time. Just wasn’t what I wanted out of the tag I had been waiting for such a long time.

ED6BEEF9-82FE-4783-9FB2-E3A77051ADB6.jpeg

I would have done the same thing. If you’ve waited this long might as well get to enjoy the hunt and all that comes with it. The scouting, camping, and spending time with others in the sticks leading up to the hunt is part of the fun

You made a good decision.  When you wait that long you want to experience the entire hunt.  Plus this year was crazy hot.  Definitely not the best Turkey year!!!

• Like 1

I think that was a good call considering the short notice and how many points you had.  If you had 3-4 points I would have said you were a knucklehead. 

I agree with the Corona crowd.. Good decision, next year..

You would of more than likely killed and had fun but I think you made the right choice. Sometimes spur of the moment excitement is what life’s about! I’m not that guy. I prefer plans and being prepared. But again, quick decisions are what the grandkids hear about. You made the right choice. How was the tag turned in if the hunt already had it’s first half? So a guy can hunt the first part, not kill and turn it in? 

• Like 1

Yep I would have turned down as well

My first reaction was "What the heck were you thinking?!?!", especially in 35A, but then I saw the 21 total points and, yep, you definitely made the right call!  35A is my favorite unit for deer and turkey!

Hmm. If you can go because of work, why have the tag. 

id say you made the right(difficult)choice.