Sign in to follow this  
JLW

rip cord max vs qad ultra

anyone using the ripcord max?

I definitely like the limb driven rests which I don't believe the rip cord is. 

currently using the smackdown pro.

I know lots of people use the qad ultrarest and have heard nothing but good things and a plus for limb driven for me.

would like to hear from anyone using the ripcord max....... good bad and ugly

right now leaning towards qad.

James

i bought the qad ultra rest a couple months ago.  seems to live up to the hype.  made in usa.  

not sure where I read that must have mixed up on the reviews...

apparently I was looking at the ripcord LOK. says you can cock the arm in the up position and cord attaches to the limb. reviews say to change the cord you have to take the rest apart...no thanks.

james

On 6/11/2020 at 5:37 PM, Dano562 said:

Rip cord does make a limb driven rest. It's called the S.o.s. if interested I have one for sale 

After researching a bit I did see this and have decided not to go limbdriven, which right now I shoot a smackdown pro limbdriven rest, I had an issue when I drew back and was a bit tired and didn't look at my arrow when I finally struggled to break it over and lined up the shot and squeezed the trigger. My arrow went about 15yd down into the ground. It took like 15 minutes to figure out what happened. somehow when I drew back my arrow came off the cradle and whe the fork went up it missed my arrow shaft and I din't notice it so total bonehead dumbass thing I did. I think now I'd like to be able to cock it in the upright  so looking at the LOK and the max...limbdriven is kinda secondary now.

Thanks for the offer!

James

• Like 1

Years back I bought the ripcord Daughter had the quad pro. I had nothign but problems with the ripcord even they even put 2 others ripcords on my bow but still had problems. (bowtech experiance)

so I switched to a quad, daughter has 3 quads one them on her 2 hunting bows and bought a 3rd to try it out on one of her target bows. she dropped about 6-7 points (low mid 290's) score wise with the quad and lost her x count by half. which in all honesty aint to bad for a drop away rest on a precision target bow.