Sign in to follow this  
elkaholic

OHV decal

On 5/13/2020 at 5:15 PM, lefty said:

i keep trying to renew my s x s registration on service az and when i enter my liscense plate and vin # it tells me the gvw must be between 1 and 2500 and won't let me go any further. i mailed it in over 2 weeks ago and they still haven't cashed my check and i haven't recieved it in the mail. i think i will go to a third party place after work tomorrow

I had the exam same issue. I went to a off site MVD and it was handled in 10 minutes and I received the tags in 3 days.

I went to 3rd party place last Thursday, the lady told me since the system update that everyone with sxs are having problems, anyway I opened my mailbox today to find 4 adot envelopes. 2 of them were 2020 ohv stickers that expire at the end of may and one was the correct ohv sticker that expires next year. The final envelope was the correct registration. Not sure what's going on, but things down there seem way screwed up

System is all screwed up.  Will not allow me to renew OHV decal.

You don’t need one to begin with.  You all got one on you truck, Jeep, fifth wheel, nope. It’s a bs scam ask dmv, Forrest service or police not necessary to have if you have legal registration, plate and required equipment on the off road vehicle 

• Haha 1

I was on the phone for over an hour this morning dealing with the exact same thing.  What a pain in the rear.  And when I was online trying to renew my SxS it was coming up for $260. Hopefully it won't be like this next year.  For some reason it only let me renew for 1 year instead of 2 or 5 like regular vehicles.

I got a triple or quadruple whammy - got my ATV renewal in the mail late April and got caught in limbo between the websites..... 2 weeks later new site is up, I go to renew my ATV, and it cost $31 more to register than what was on my card, plus the $25 OHV tag. I figure I would renew the UTV as well which was due in a few weeks but could not due to the unladen weight problem as a previous person described. Email contact with ADOT was useless and phone calls were useless about the UTV issue or cost. Two weeks later the ATV tags show up - the registration sticker was good, but the OHV tag expired May 31 2020 when it should have been 2021.... AND that same day the two decals arrived I got an additional notice that I owed another $10+ dollars for the ATV. 

Off I went to the local Sierra Vista office - very, very helpful there even though I did not have an appointment. The lady reordered the ATV OHV decal as the system showed an expiration of May 31, 2021 despite my sticker being wrong, and she also took care of my UTV laden weight issue (mind you this UTV has been registered in AZ since 2007). Well my UTV OHV decal arrived a few days ago and I just opened it - NO DECAL inside! UGGGGHHH! This new system sucks!

On 5/19/2020 at 10:05 PM, AZbowhntr said:

I was on the phone for over an hour this morning dealing with the exact same thing.  What a pain in the rear.  And when I was online trying to renew my SxS it was coming up for $260. Hopefully it won't be like this next year.  For some reason it only let me renew for 1 year instead of 2 or 5 like regular vehicles.

How did this end up for you?

I'm trying to renew my side by side on the new AZMVDNOW website and they want $130.  Last year they charged me $9.75.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Spot said:

How did this end up for you?

I'm trying to renew my side by side on the new AZMVDNOW website and they want $130.  Last year they charged me $9.75.

Did you let your OHV sticker lapse?

48 minutes ago, Arizona Griz said:

Did you let your OHV sticker lapse?

No. OHV sticker isn't my issue (yet).  

My problem is the registration renewal, which expires in August.

Like I said, last year it was $9.75 and this year they want $130. I'm assuming somehow they are mis-categorizing it.

My registration went up as well on my utv. Last year was $9.75 this year its $45. There is a $28 vehicle tax fee. 

Yeah this has been some shitshow. Even before the switch to the new system they started having issues. My truck renewal never came in April. So after it expired i went to third party and got it taken care of. They said it was because of my special plate. BS, never had the issue before. Then a month later my wife went down to get a street tag for the RZR. They gave her a temp plate. Two weeks later i get a new OHV tag that i already had. A month after that the street tag, a week after that a new plate. 3 weeks ago i received another plate. Just remember, the government knows whats best for us, even though they cant get us license plates or not run in the negative at the post office. Don't even get me started on those crooks. 

1 hour ago, AllBoutHuntn said:

My registration went up as well on my utv. Last year was $9.75 this year its $45. There is a $28 vehicle tax fee. 

Wasn't that to be used for the DPS/Sheriffs retirement fund that was voted in last year or in 2018? The one they told us would be ~ $16.

20 minutes ago, PRDATR said:

Wasn't that to be used for the DPS/Sheriffs retirement fund that was voted in last year or in 2018? The one they told us would be ~ $16.

I would bet they haven't seen one cent of that money.