Sign in to follow this  
elkaholic

OHV decal

Did a 3rd party Yesterday for the Quad I got last Weekend and They said MVD is all screwed up.!.............BOB!

They changed the law for side by sides.  If it weighs over 1,800, it is not eligible for the OHV sticker discount.  That is why everyone is seeing the increase.  Pretty much every four set UTV is over that weight and a lot of the two seaters are as well.  Remember, the vehicle license tax is what is costing so much.  The actual registration fee is only $8.  

The chart below explains the new categories.   You will see full vehicle tax once the vehicle is over 1,800lbs.  This is judged by the weight on the title, not a local scale.  

The days of getting a four seater registered for under $20 are pretty much gone.  

8EA1542A-A44E-4010-ABB7-AE9AAFC3D40E.png

I'm confused about street legal and OHV.

G & F site both are required?

If you're a legal resident and have a street legal registered machine, why the OHV?

$25 for the game and fish, DMV people hate dealing with it..

It is not the dry weight, it is the unladen weight.  You would have to look at your title or is should be on the VIN plate.  

If you go buy any new four seat UTV, the dealership will register your street legal, which is about $500.  They know about the change as well.  I bought one as well as three others I know and one was your model above.  If your title shows less, it should be an easy trip to the MVD.  

13 hours ago, Spot said:

How did this end up for you?

I'm trying to renew my side by side on the new AZMVDNOW website and they want $130.  Last year they charged me $9.75.

You will need to call and have them correct it over the phone.  They finally figured mine out.  It was charging me as a regular vehicle instead of an OHV. Once she got that straight it was only about $18 with the $5 late fee which they still made me pay even though I tried to register it before the deadline but couldn't because their system was jacked up.  Good luck and hopefully you have some spare time.

57 minutes ago, AZbowhntr said:

You will need to call and have them correct it over the phone.  They finally figured mine out.  It was charging me as a regular vehicle instead of an OHV. Once she got that straight it was only about $18 with the $5 late fee which they still made me pay even though I tried to register it before the deadline but couldn't because their system was jacked up.  Good luck and hopefully you have some spare time.

Thanks for the heads up.

I started calling at 7:58 this morning and must have been the first one through at 8. Luckily the person answering the phone had done this drill before. She said none of the AZMVDNOW balances have been correct. After a few minutes of checking she had me add $35.30 to my account online and she processed my registration for both the plate and the OHV sticker. I was done in about 10 minutes and able to print off the new registration. It's going to be interesting to see how long it takes to get the stickers in the mail.

By the way, nothing was mentioned about weight of the vehicle. Mine is a Ranger 900xp (not crew) and my title lists no weight.

Did someone say if your ohv had expired it would be a problem??

4 hours ago, wildwoody said:

Did someone say if your ohv had expired it would be a problem??

A couple of years ago I let the OHV sticker expire on a quad and when I went to re-register it on line they tried to charge me the full Regis price so I went to a 3rd party location and paid for the OHV sticker and they lowered the registration to the normal primarily off road MC plate registration.