Sign in to follow this  
Nebraska402

Berger 215 hybrid target

Hey I'm looking for some load data on the above round for a 300 rum using retumbo.  I'm hoping someone has a berger book and could take a pic of the page for that?  Thanks. Marshall

I use them in a Christensen Arms Ridgeline 300 rum loaded@ 85.6 of retumbo 3.65 overall length and they shoot lights out! Brass norma and 215 primers. 
you can do a search and on google and find all kinds of information too..

I am not at home, but I have loaded that combo before.  Start way lower, but I got up over 90.0 with the combo.  Safe in THAT gun.  

Think about the 230 too.  I push them at 3113 in my 28" .300RUM over Retumbo.

• Like 1

Email Berger. They will email you the page out of the book for free. 

On 5/14/2020 at 4:27 AM, Nebraska402 said:

Good idea, thanks

My Berger book(first edition) does not have the 215g bullet but it does have the 210g and the 230g. Loads for Retumbo are not listed. I assume the reason is that Berger considers it a very slow option for the 210 or 230g bullets in the 300RUM. I'd go to the Hodgdon powder web site for load info. A tip when trying any new load. Find your bullet touch on the rifling and always start your load at a minimum of ten thousands off the rifling. Hornady makes a bullet seating guage and there are others that will render great results when looking for a proper seating depth. It is very dangerous to try any load with the bullet jammed into the rifling! A safe load can turn into a very unsafe load with the bullet jammed!!