firstcoueswas80

Anyone else hate HOAs?

Well, maybe it's not as bad as I made it out to be. We submitted the paperwork for approval for all of the modifications yesterday. This morning we had an email back responding that all were within spec and have been quote-unquote forgiven.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, firstcoueswas80 said:

I used to get ticketed for parking my truck literally 6 inches into the rock to give the ex and the kids room to get in and out with it banging against my truck. 

Sounds like you have some HOA nazis...funniest thing here was the old dude who used to ride his Segway around every day looking for violations. Rumor is he wrecked it one day in a pothole the HOA didn’t fix. Then there’s the lady who has sued our HOA so many times there was a budget line item for her...

some people have too much time on their hands and too interested in other people’s business. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 360 0r Better said:

I live in an HOA the only one that erks me is the no overnight street parking unless they are informed. But most people don’t realize that most municipalities have codes that mimic HOAs’ but are not enforced unless there is a complaint.

Yes most do have them and you get the same type of people that become nazis calling every little weed or other BS. 

2 hours ago, firstcoueswas80 said:

Well, maybe it's not as bad as I made it out to be. We submitted the paperwork for approval for all of the modifications yesterday. This morning we had an email back responding that all were within spec and have been quote-unquote forgiven.

Somebody was doing some CYA after they realized they overstepped their authority and violated your rights.

Most hoaholes have little yards that I wouldnt begin to be able to park my necessary equipment.    

1 minute ago, ThomC said:

Most hoaholes have little yards that I wouldnt begin to be able to park my necessary equipment.    

Essential equipment.😉

2 hours ago, bigorange said:

Sounds like you have some HOA nazis...funniest thing here was the old dude who used to ride his Segway around every day looking for violations. Rumor is he wrecked it one day in a pothole the HOA didn’t fix. Then there’s the lady who has sued our HOA so many times there was a budget line item for her...

some people have too much time on their hands and too interested in other people’s business. 

Most military base housing fifedoms make civilian HOAs look like kindergarten.

I had a house built 20 years ago. I got a notice about my trash cans. They were delivered by the city that day. Got a notice one time for a trailer being on the street. In the picture you can see me loading my sand rail on it. 

We loved ours just because we followed the rules and built there new so it was easier but we used them against neighbors several times so we didn't have to talk to them in person, that was nice since a few of our neighbors bought over their head and they would have dragged values down. we turned a good profit on that place. I know they can overstep but ours was good and I am glad to be out of town now with no overwatch.

• Like 1

The best thing about them is they keep people like Del out of my neighborhood. Well that and the price of the homes.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I just bought a new place last fall.  While shopping, I didn't necessarily avoid homes that were covered by HOA, but I was definitely a little biased towards those without.  Ended-up without an HOA, and I'm glad for that.  I find it somewhat amusing that someone would buy in to a development knowing there are HOA guidelines/rules, and then complain after the fact.

Glad it worked-out for you, Casey!

• Like 1