firstcoueswas80

Anyone else hate HOAs?

I'm building my home a block from Luke AFBs 03 runway, I'm expecting peace and quiet out in the burbs.

• Haha 2

On 5/14/2020 at 6:10 PM, Hoss50 said:

I dont like HOA's and wont live in one, but they have a purpose sometimes. 

20200514_180916.jpg

The sad part for the people on this street is it drives down property values. I found this house while out scouting for a new house a few years ago. I went to look at a house about 7 houses down from this. Guess which street I don't live on... both house to either side of this were for sale, and I can only imagine the tens of thousands of dollars the neighbor houses lost in the sales because of this.

This screams I don't give a frick and or mental illness. Nobody wants that as a neighbor, or at least not at full price.

• Like 1

20200514_180916.thumb.jpg.36dea9f1ff5ef2d54efcc1a44488bd97.jpg.753019f356669476c294630ab021808a.jpgI didn't see what everybody's upset about, then I noticed how they parked. What jerks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Edge said:

I didn't see what everybody's upset about, then I noticed how they parked. What jerks.

Probably squeeze 2 more cars in between...

Since this thread popped up, this house has been on my mind.  This is in the neighborhood just north of us so I drive by it often and think HOA not all bad.

I do not defend anything blindly (okay, maybe my wife), especially an entity like an HOA, but this is exactly why they exist.

The house on each side is well maintained and looks very nice, then there's this jamoke.

It actually looks worse if I were further away when I took the picture, but you get the idea.

Man, would it burn my azz worse than a 3 foot flame to live close to this guy. 

Eddie

WHYWENEEDHOAS.jpg

HOAs are a major pain in the butt, but have their place. If you live in an HOA get involved, get a seat on the board so you have a voice. 

I moved out of an HOA a couple of years ago and couldn't be happier.