Sign in to follow this  
Edge

Am I the mayor?

8 hours ago, biglakejake said:

when i was 4 with a 2yo sister mom and grandmother Bessie took the little travel trailer down to Organ Pipe camping.  mom mentioned to the ranger she wanted rattles-the ranger told her no killing rattlesnakes in the park.foggy memories but mom and Bessies' stories matched.  snake in the road, stop the car, Bessie holds the snake down with a flat shovel and mom cuts the rattles off with a pocketknife.  no kill rattle removal.  after about 4 the ranger caught them and what a fight-threatened those two old ladies he was gonna throw them out of the park kids and all.  mom won.  that was my first trip to penasco also.

lee

Ahhh the mystery of the rattleless rattlers revealed.

• Haha 1

I was out shooting my 22lr a couple of weeks ago and almost stepped right on a large Gila monster on my way the the 25 yard target, as I was moving the target to 50 yards (lasered) I spot another one. After shooting at 50 yards about 15 rds I head over to check my target and there is another one. I saw three of them in  a 20 x 50 yard area. 

1 hour ago, 452b264 said:

I was out shooting my 22lr a couple of weeks ago and almost stepped right on a large Gila monster on my way the the 25 yard target, as I was moving the target to 50 yards (lasered) I spot another one. After shooting at 50 yards about 15 rds I head over to check my target and there is another one. I saw three of them in  a 20 x 50 yard area. 

Maybe it's the same one attached to your boot?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, elkaholic said:

It's their mating season 

Ain't that romantic. Saw two more this morning.

4 hours ago, Edge said:

Ain't that romantic. Saw two more this morning.

If not that romantic, why are you peepin?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, 452b264 said:

. I saw three of them in  a 20 x 50 yard area. 

what i think i know 'bout monsters would fit in a single shot bottle of tequila.  but i done seen a few.  last few were all the same. found prowling around at midday in round-tail ground-squirrel colony's going from little hole to little hole and smelling/listening down it.  never thought i had time to watch one play out-now a regret.  they find a full borrow i suppose, eat up and go dormant for 11 months.  probably leads to very concentrated populations of monsters.  just a thought.

I'd give you my vote for Mayor of Snakeville.