Sign in to follow this  
MULEPACKHUNTER

tempe area mechanic

My daughter is driving a 2015 fiat500 and im looking for a trusted mechanic for some maintenance. She is on her own working through school and I want her to deal with it herself but I also don't want her to get taken either. Would love someone to work with her and help her understand whats needed and get it done. most likely brakes, oil change, tire rotation, shocks, and general 60,000 mile service. I have a trusted guy but he is way far out by me in the west.

Thanks for any suggestions.

FYI we have had bad experiences, dealer tried 700.00 bill when all that was wrong was it needed a gas cap. Oh and they lost her car for 4 hours !! Not a good day for them when I hit the lobby, my daughter was 19 years old and I believe that should be a crime.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, trphyhntr said:

letting your daughter drive a fiat 500 should be the crime. 

Its a great little car for a college girl not sure whats wrong with it? Fun, economical, reliable, paid for , girly cute, easy to park.

Anyway the plot thickens, the young lady had her oil changed today and went for a car wash and her car got the front end smashed. I guess the guy in front of her they let go in with small penis jacked up big tires truck and his tires stuck in the tracks and her car was pushed into his rear end. Then they backed her car out and tore the undercarriage cover off. during this the guy drove off. Guess the other maint will have to wait, thanks for the suggestions I will be checking on them after this insurance mess.

1 hour ago, MULEPACKHUNTER said:

Its a great little car for a college girl not sure whats wrong with it? Fun, economical, reliable, paid for , girly cute, easy to park.

Anyway the plot thickens, the young lady had her oil changed today and went for a car wash and her car got the front end smashed. I guess the guy in front of her they let go in with small penis jacked up big tires truck and his tires stuck in the tracks and her car was pushed into his rear end. Then they backed her car out and tore the undercarriage cover off. during this the guy drove off. Guess the other maint will have to wait, thanks for the suggestions I will be checking on them after this insurance mess.

Shouldn't be too much of an insurance mess.  Seems like the oil change/car wash place should cover the loss through their premises liability/property damage insurance.  Or they should pay out of their pockets if they don't have a coverage for that damage.   I hope they're not expecting you to run in through you daughter's policy.

Well its killing me but she is taking care of it so far with some guidance, the car wash sent her down the road with a business card and a repair shop they use. She is on the phone with the car wash for their insurance info now. Im guessing the shop is this guys cousin and this is a regular deal maybe. She is shooting to claim his insurance and go to a shop of our choice plus rental car.

• Like 1

Hope she's alright, that had to be scary.

20 hours ago, MULEPACKHUNTER said:

Well its killing me but she is taking care of it so far with some guidance, the car wash sent her down the road with a business card and a repair shop they use. She is on the phone with the car wash for their insurance info now. Im guessing the shop is this guys cousin and this is a regular deal maybe. She is shooting to claim his insurance and go to a shop of our choice plus rental car.

Carwashes usually have a relationship with someone who gives them a good deal taking care of damage.  It’s not necessarily a bad thing unless that shop gives you a bad vibe.

Best guys I know are in Gilbert/Chandler Area.  John and Curtis at All Start Electric.  Never had an issue with their work or their pricing.  John flat out tells you like it is.  I brought one into him once and he said "Don't pay me to fix it.  Not worth it.  Sell it for parts.  There is no money spent on this that is worth it."  Somebody else  would have been happy to take my money and have me throw good after bad.

• Like 1