Sign in to follow this  
syd34

Outdoorsmans bino adapter question

For those of you using Swarovski 15s which Outdoorsmans bino adapter are you using? The small one or the large one?

I use the small.  This allows me to just leave it on all the time and remove the whole adapter from the tripod through the plate.  The small fits in the swaro case attached.  Eliminates the chance of misplacing the adapter when separated from the binos.

• Like 3

Roof prism 15's require the tall adapter if the the user has a narrow interpupillary distance.  The optical tubes will contact the pan head and restrict narrow IPD use with the short adapter.  Really the only reason to use the tall adapter.  The tall adapter does gain an inch or so of height if your tripod/head combo should require a lift.

On 5/18/2020 at 1:01 PM, bigj23 said:

I use the small.  This allows me to just leave it on all the time and remove the whole adapter from the tripod through the plate.  The small fits in the swaro case attached.  Eliminates the chance of misplacing the adapter when separated from the binos.

Never thought of that. I have the tall for my EL's. Might be time to rethink it.

Small with an extra plate is perfect...i dont like how much movement is in the tall.