Sign in to follow this  
n2horns

Large capacity fuel tank 2006 f150

I am having no luck finding a larger capacity fuel tank for a 2006 F150.  Anyone know of who makes them or makes a tank to fit where the spare tire would go?

I have an ARE cap, and with the 5.5 ft box it is small enough.  Sleep in the back and don't need to smell the fuel.

• Like 1

How much more capacity do you need? They had optional tank sizes for the F150 back then. 

Can you carry gas in the back of your bed like diesel? I used to build tanks for trailers and remember they had different requirements. It's been too long to remember. 

I have a 30 gallon tank now, was looking at 50.  Titan doesn't make them for my year.  I will contact KSH,

Try finding a tank out of a early to mid 70s” ford or Chevy car most of them were in the 20 gallon range. Measure the width and depth you have to work with and figure out what will fit. Then just make a hanger system and plumb to the wheel well. That’s what I did on a 70 Ford pu. Ended up giving me 56 gallons capacity with the main, reserve and the add on tank. Just burn that tank first so you can use the guage for the regular tank it tanks if you have 2 tanks now.

Hi cap gas tank? Are you crazy! Nobody needs that much gas. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ctafoya said:

Hi cap gas tank? Are you crazy! Nobody needs that much gas. 

But it will be less lethal and only gas to drive, it will be a fully semi auto pedal, can be traced via micro stamping on credit card. I only promise to use the 9 top gallons.