Sign in to follow this  
no worries

Using a digiscope on Meopta 15s

I ended up buying a Novagrade double gripper to digiscope with an 8 plus iPhone.  It works great with my spotting scope but the Meopta 15s angle out so much from the eyepiece that it’s difficult to tighten down. If I screw the eyepiece out it kinda works but just doesn’t feel secure. 
Am I doing this wrong ? Anyone have a solution on how to attach a digiscope to Meopta or other optics that are angled?

thanks Jim

On 5/18/2020 at 4:16 PM, no worries said:

I ended up buying a Novagrade double gripper to digiscope with an 8 plus iPhone.  It works great with my spotting scope but the Meopta 15s angle out so much from the eyepiece that it’s difficult to tighten down. If I screw the eyepiece out it kinda works but just doesn’t feel secure. 
Am I doing this wrong ? Anyone have a solution on how to attach a digiscope to Meopta or other optics that are angled?

thanks Jim

Yeah, pretty much had the same experience.  Also wondered if i was doing something wrong.  

Weird.  I have had no issues mounting my adapter to my Meopta Meostar 15x56s or Meostar S2 20-70x82 spotter.  For the 15s, I just run out the eye relief cup.  But mine are not angled, they are twist out flat cups.

1 hour ago, lancetkenyon said:

Weird.  I have had no issues mounting my adapter to my Meopta Meostar 15x56s or Meostar S2 20-70x82 spotter.  For the 15s, I just run out the eye relief cup.  But mine are not angled, they are twist out flat cups.

Are you also using the novagrade or a different brand

Thanks for the responses.  

Lance, my eyecups twist out just like yours. The eyecup just didn’t seem that tight or secure when I twist them out.  It’s not like they are going to fall out but they wiggle some. So, I was trying to clamp on to the armored barrel with the eyepiece twisted in.  The barrel angles out, this causes the digiscope to slide off the back as I tighten down the ring.  

I spoke with a rep from Meopta and he had a couple of suggestions.  He recommended to twist the eyepiece in and try to build up the barrel next to the eyepiece so it matches the wider part, using inner tube or similar material.  
He also said they cold make a custom ring that had a taper built in to it. He had no idea what that would cost but alluded to being pretty pricey.  
I think for now , I’ll try to get more secure fit with the eyepiece twisted out.  I’ll also mess around with inner tube or O rings and see if I can find a way to secure it with the eyepiece twisted in.  
thanks again Jim