DUG

What number is max. bonus points?

Going into this draw what is max points someone can have for Buffalo? Thinking it may be 36 to 38? Also, Hunters Trailhead doesn't include AZ Buffalo draw pass from what I can tell. Anybody already have a subscription to GoHunt? It may be on there. I did find some harvest data info on AZGFD site but not exactly what I'm looking for.

Thanks Doug! Somehow I didn't look there. I guess I have a chance with 36. Somehow I missed some points along the way.

For sheep there are about 30 guys 1 short of max because they won't take the hunter safety course ... even crazier than the max pt pig guy.

• Like 3

Go hunt says 39 points is max.   Also says that if you have over 30 points and a resident that you will be drawn 100% of the time.   I'm in that group with more than 30 points but I'm looking.   Would like to apply but not excited about the hunt as it is right now.    Sitting a blind for months on end doesn't seem super exciting.   Or it could end in one day.   

• Like 2

I have 38 points, I just keep buying bonus points also looking for something more of a hunt just not sure what that is. Not really a tank sitter although I will do that some. Thinking I would like to apply with another who has 30 or more points and do this as a team. I will be done working in another year or so and will then not have any time restrictions also. Guess that means more bonus points for another year.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ibowhuntaz said:

I have 38 points, I just keep buying bonus points also looking for something more of a hunt just not sure what that is. Not really a tank sitter although I will do that some. Thinking I would like to apply with another who has 30 or more points and do this as a team. I will be done working in another year or so and will then not have any time restrictions also. Guess that means more bonus points for another year.

I too have 38 points and keep on accumulating.  I had hoped that there would be a draw for an opportunity to hunt the park, that did not pan out.  Not going to sit the park boundary.  Hopefully the Houserock herd grows and stays put.  If not, I'll end up taking a cow off the Raymond herd at some point.  I'm OK with that scenario.  Bison are supreme table fare. 

I have more turkey points then buffalo(18) but I am just buying points until I move back to AZ. 5k to sit some water for a chance at a buffalo doesn't sound to appealing to me. 

• Like 1

On 5/22/2020 at 12:33 PM, recurveman said:

Also says that if you have over 30 points and a resident that you will be drawn 100% of the time.   

Apparently not! Lol Not drawn with 35

On 5/19/2020 at 10:10 PM, Big Tub said:

Interesting presentation Doug ... why in the world would anyone have 30 bonus points for Javelina????

I’ve got 13 javelina points 😉

4-5 years ago my mom decided to have everyone down to AZ for a family gathering in February and I had 10-11 and we put in as a group last minute with my brothers (who are leeches for points and won’t put in even when I remind them) so we averaged out to like 2 points and drew the tag we wanted so we could hunt.  Ended up being a great hunt.  I foresee that in the future again and want to make sure we have enough points to guarantee a tag where and when we want it as a group.