Sign in to follow this  
JSR

Gunwerks law suit

Sounds like they need better management, from the look of it they liked the “getting bigger” aspect a lot more then the “being successful” aspect.  I’ve always been skittish about their products.  They seem to have their marketing down quite well, much like hornady or vortex.  My theory on that is if your marketing is that strong something else has to suffer and it’s usually the quality of the product.  

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, yotebuster said:

Sounds like they need better management, from the look of it they liked the “getting bigger” aspect a lot more then the “being successful” aspect.  I’ve always been skittish about their products.  They seem to have their marketing down quite well, much like hornady or vortex.  My theory on that is if your marketing is that strong something else has to suffer and it’s usually the quality of the product.  

I think their quality is high but they over estimated the market for $5-10K guns.

Face it, a trued REM 700 or something like a Defiance Action with a quality barrel and good loads will shoot well enough for 90% of all hunters at 1/4th the cost. To me its just not worth an extra $3-5K to go from a .5" group to a .25" group. I would rather spend that money on optics and tags. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, yotebuster said:

Hornady is also a great company when it comes to innovation. Two of my favorites are the 270WIN 140SST Superfprmance ammo and the Precision Hunter line of ammo with long for caliber high BC bullets. I love the concept of loading the 270 with 145 gr, 280 150 gr, 280AI 162 gr and 06 178 gr bullets. Vortex also came up with an awesome new product, the Diamondback Tactical line is perfect priced for affordable NRL22 match shooting.

Pay your bills like the rest of us. Build your own 1000 yard Guns.

I just use my Atlatl at 1k yds.

3 hours ago, JSR said:

I think their quality is high but they over estimated the market for $5-10K gun.

I wonder how many they thought they were going to sell? 2.7 Mil is a pretty deep hole.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Red Rabbit said:

Besides what the company owes to Wells Fargo, the complaint said Gunwerks financial report in February told the bank that it owes more than $622,000 in past due bills, according to the complaint.

Likewise, the financial officer told the bank that Gunwerks stopped paying sales tax in the third quarter of 2018 and the amount due was $365,000, according to the complaint.

my guess is that if you paid them for a rifle you have not received yet, you might be disappointed.

6 hours ago, n2horns said:

I just use my Atlatl at 1k yds.

I bet that’s sight to see. What brand?

3 minutes ago, oz31p said:

I bet that’s sight to see. What brand?

I really want to try one.  I was watching a youtube about it while i was "working".

• Haha 1

Just now, n2horns said:

I really want to try one.  I was watching a youtube about it while i was "working".

That are very cool and accurate 

I'm not a fan of their rifles, but I loved their G7 rangefinder.  They've done a LOT for the sport of hunting so I really hope they don't go out of buisness.

• Like 1