hoghntr

Son is looking for a *Nintendo Switch*

Seems as if kids home from school has caused a shortage 😂 parents be like here kid take this and get outta my face..

Auntie bought him tickets to see Journey but concert is cancelled so he has replaced request for a nintendo Switch. Not a nintendo switch lite. ;)

Also he is 11 so Mario games like Super Mario Maker 2, Super Mario Brothers Odyssey etc

Anyways let me know if anybody or their kid is already sick of theirs and wants to sell.

Thanks

For sure a shortage. My niece had to call like 30 stores to find one.  Call Costco and see if they have any. They will hold it for you.   That’s what she did. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, camoremi said:

For sure a shortage. My niece had to call like 30 stores to find one.  Call Costco and see if they have any. They will hold it for you.   That’s what she did. 

Luckily I raised a kid that knows I wont go pay double what it is supposed to retail at. ;) I have called & emailed a few on craigslist and everyone of them has been a scam. "Oh I am out of town right now but it is boxed in my backseat ready to ship, $250 and I will ship to you!" 🤔🤣😂🤣

Sure bud, sure ya will... ugggghhhh those people make me crazy!

If I want 1 from SMITHRDX he joined coueswhitetail.com 14 minutes before he sent me a message offering for me to buy his cousin's kids switch game system from Texas 🤔🤔 

So BEWARE OF Smithrdx a spammer scammer. 🤯🤮

My poor kids have never played a video game newer than 1995. They are currently stuck playing a super Nintendo from when my wife was a kid. Mario, Donkey Kong, etc. 

They both got a "SupaBoy" for there birthdays that is basically a game boy that plays Super Nintendo games only. 

7 minutes ago, Hoss50 said:

My poor kids have never played a video game newer than 1995. They are currently stuck playing a super Nintendo from when my wife was a kid. Mario, Donkey Kong, etc. 

They both got a "SupaBoy" for there birthdays that is basically a game boy that plays Super Nintendo games only. 

You should be happy! The new games make me dizzy 🤣 I can't even watch them

I bought my grandkids a baseball, gloves and a couple bats. And told them to get out of the house and play ! 

1 hour ago, Hoss50 said:

My kids as well. They’re playing the original Mario brothers and duck hunt. I won’t even tell them there is much better stuff out there. I’d rather them not get trapped I. The technology world just yet. 

If you want a good game that kids will learn life lessons from.... download the  Oregon trail!!! 

It's not a video game per-say but its intense enough to hold their interest. This game came out before windows 95 I think. I remember playing it in study hall after completing my homework.  Has anyone here ever played it?

I will keep an eye out for the Nintendo.  My neighbors also got theirs from Costco or Sam's club. 

5 hours ago, Curtis Reed said:

Ok boomers!!  lol

Right... 😂

Ok guys my kid is not JUST a video game addict here is the dealio! 1st I can't claim his intelligence as my own since we don't share genetics 🤪 My stepson is insanely smart, like i was left behind when he was around 8 and smarter than me. He has been bumped up in grades and I am pretty sure if schooled/tutored or possibly could do it himself for a month he could easily pass high school testing and he is 11 years old. This whole time school has been out his assignments have been done by noon each Monday for the whole week. He really needs to be in Advanced placement somewhere but this past year we switched schools for that purpose then he got some crazy illness and basically missed a month of school so that messed us up cuz he basically did 1 if them on a day he had a 102 temp and left school early. He gets straight A's with very little effort! He loves to read! He recently received a guitar from Grandpa for Christmas so he is teaching himself the guitar via fender play website. He plays board games like Risk with his mom that I don't understand at all and he whoops her and she is crazy smart. He also plays the "Oregon trail". He is 1 that just needs constant brain stimulation so I am not against video games at all as long as time limits are in place and I am strict about that cuz I have seen way too many kids with insanely whacked out moods from too much gaming.

I would actually challenge any of you to sit with him and discuss players stats in college football or pro basketball or football. Make sure you eat a big peace of humble pie before the challenge. If he hears it or sees it he remembers it! And if he actually cares about what he is seeing or hearing trust me you have no chance. 😂🤣😂 

The down side is when teaching a know it all anything wear a helmet cuz your gonna be banging heads. 🤷‍♂️

Thanks guys! It is funny reading the comments but I totally understand what you are thinking. :) but since I woke this morning to him shooting baskets in backyard for like 2 hours straight you understand outside sports is not lacking. I do however wish I could get him out camping more cuz he truly enjoys it but my recent surgeries and the fact that my stupid pop up camper broke on his deer hunt and won't crank up has us in limbo also.. ** I bought parts to fix and i am waiting now for friend to install but he got Covid19 and is still recovering a bit in the stamina and still short of breath. **

So anyways still looking for a Switch. 😁 oh and in my defense my 3 year old who is biologically mine is looking just as smart EXCEPT he dives off high objects head 1st after dropping like a sponge or a blanket down to land on 😁 not sure how long his smarts will be lasting. Possible a stunt man in the making. 

Oregon trail was the best.  I also played it on the school computers.  I still remember praying that my wagon would make those river crossings 😆

• Like 2

GL finding one. I’ll keep my eyes out if I see one I’ll let you know. Considering I see most of these people hating on video games in this thread I’d challenge any of you to play fortnite for the months leading up to hunting season and I guarantee you’re ability to track, spot, or locate an animal will increase ten fold. Why? Cause If you can’t spot something out of the basic backdrop in fortnite or something moving across your vision you lose, similar to hunting. I’ll keep you in my thoughts on the market Hog. 

• Like 1