Mog

New truck considerations

I know this type of thread has been done before but seeking input anyways. Just sold my Tacoma after having it for 150,000 miles. Need a 4x4 truck that can take the wife and kids camping, and also most likely be my daily driver. Leaning towards Tundra, but considering Ram too. The Titan has a nice factory warranty but don't know anyone that owns one. Don't really need a diesel to pull anything either.  Am I making a mistake by even considering something outside of a Toyota?

I just traded in a 2010f150 at 200k for a 2016 f150.

Love them both. 

1 hour ago, ThomC said:

Forget that overseas crap, USA owned companies only.  😷 

I do find it funny when people fly the stars and bars behind a foreign made truck. And plaster it in American flag stickers.

...but I guess that’s just the patriot in me. 

I had a 69 cougar that had parts made in mexico so don't think a ford now days is American made. I think its hard to go wrong with just about any vehicle these days but if I was looking for a half ton type 4 x 4 I would be looking at the tundra. Two neighbors have them and they are doing really well. We have a scion xb with 300,000 on it and I drive it daily and have been really happy with it so Toyota has something right. our 1990 Tacoma made about 400,000 and 25 years before I sold it for 75 % of what I paid.

We pick up a 4 x 4 ram diesel in 2016 and now we are looking for a new one since the deals are so good right now so if you were looking for a tow rig I cant say much bad about the ram.

I have a hard time buying a tundra though for the same price as a ram 2500 diesel. but I cant use a 1/2 ton much so just not for me either.

Based on a couple coworkers experience with a Ram the service manager is their new best friend.

ill stick with Chevy or Ford

We have a 2015 Armada which has the titan drivetrain. It is nice, has good power, and does what we need. In town driving isn't great on gas, but it can get 18-20 highway. 

Toyota is known to make pretty good stuff too. 

11 minutes ago, PRDATR said:

I don't see how people can afford the $$$$ for a new vehicle.

You can get a brand new crew cab 4x4 ram with a hemi for like 34k