Mog

New truck considerations

1 hour ago, Roosevelt Mark said:

WTF you talking about?

Sounded like he was saying the common problems were related to brakes or electrical whether it was diesel or gas and not confined to what engine was installed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Roosevelt Mark said:

WTF you talking about?

You ask if they we’re gas or diesel. I don’t recall how many are gas and how many are diesel. The common issue is they have electrical issues or they have brake issues. Or they have both electrical and brake issues. 

• Like 1

Second Tundra. I paid $36500 OTD in 2015 and included a 100k Toyota warranty. Never had a mechanical issue with either one and mine is worth $24000 now with 67000 miles. I looked at the F150 but it was way more expensive.

1 minute ago, Ringer said:

Second Tundra. I paid $36500 OTD in 2015 and included a 100k Toyota warranty. Never had a mechanical issue with either one and mine is worth $24000 now with 67000 miles. I looked at the F150 but it was way more expensive.

Ya they hold value for sure. It’s all about just what you need or plan on using truck for. If you can get away with a half ton then do it. 

Get the F250 Tremor

• Like 1

On 5/23/2020 at 7:20 AM, Curtis Reed said:

Pay cash for a pre-bailout GM truck with 5.3 Vortec and reasonable miles!  Best bang for your buck IMO

This☝️

But also, I'll be looking at the Ford f250 in a few years to upgrade from my 06 Silverado.

On 5/23/2020 at 7:20 AM, Curtis Reed said:

Pay cash for a pre-bailout GM truck with 5.3 Vortec and reasonable miles!  Best bang for your buck IMO

This☝️

I've either owned or rented almost everything out there. If I were to buy a 1/2 ton again I'd get a ram or tundra. 3/4 ton get a ram or Ford. I have a ram 2500 with a 6.4 gas and it does everything I need. I rented a titan a few years ago and it was nice, but you'll never pass a gas station. 

Kinda depends on how the truck will be used. 

Recreation

Work

Hauling trailers

Hauling big RV's

Makes a big difference in truck choices

• Like 2

no matter what you want/buy... look into the costco auto program.  We bought the wifes cherokee through them, then later my cummins 2500. super easy, super painless. 

now my vote, the wife wanted a bigger trailer, which got me a bigger truck. Got the 3/4ton ram with a diesel. probably never go back to gas. that truck is amazing.  And im cheap (not the numbers guy either) ... the low end tradesman (which had more features than my 2005 1500) was just a little bit more than what most of the used diesels were going for with about 100K

• Like 3

For all the guys who like to say no need for Diesel engine I just drove a new gas ford up the mtn with 11,000 lb trailer and had to run 5000 rpm at 2.2 mpg just to do 55 mph. Really nice truck off the hills but dang. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, MULEPACKHUNTER said:

For all the guys who like to say no need for Diesel engine I just drove a new gas ford up the mtn with 11,000 lb trailer and had to run 5000 rpm at 2.2 mpg just to do 55 mph. Really nice truck off the hills but dang. 

What truck and engine?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MULEPACKHUNTER said:

Ya gassers are rough towing especially heavy loads uphill.