Mog

New truck considerations

I have always owned Chevy trucks and they have been great to me; 1500, 2500 gas and diesel. I will never own a 2500 gas again based on MPG and would buy a 1500 before another 2500 gas.  Own a Chevy Diesel now and a great truck and pull anything with ease no matter size.

Friend owns a tundra and decent city truck that is bad on gas and doesn’t pull worth a crap. 

Dodge Power Wagon is great stock truck in hills with the coils but doesn’t pull very good even with air bags and not good on gas either. Another friend owns a diesel and nice truck with king cab but just not as nice as a Chevy IMO(hard to beat DuraMax/Allison Combo).

I see more fords along the road side broke down pulling trailers then everything else combined.  

Grew up in MI so maybe this is why but I would never buy a Toyota, Nissan, etc.....even if they were assembled in US.  Try to support American made whenever possible and we just make a much better full size truck though ford is questionable if better. 

4 hours ago, MULEPACKHUNTER said:

For all the guys who like to say no need for Diesel engine I just drove a new gas ford up the mtn with 11,000 lb trailer and had to run 5000 rpm at 2.2 mpg just to do 55 mph. Really nice truck off the hills but dang. 

Me to this last trip back from payson was horrible I was over 5000 rpm couldn’t even hit 55 it was never fast up hill but never this bad either I have 2015 Silverado 4x4 crew I’m selling and going back to 2002 7.3 can’t afford a new diesel and you can’t kill a 7.3

5 hours ago, MULEPACKHUNTER said:

For all the guys who like to say no need for Diesel engine I just drove a new gas ford up the mtn with 11,000 lb trailer and had to run 5000 rpm at 2.2 mpg just to do 55 mph. Really nice truck off the hills but dang. 

Gonna need a little more info on a drive by post like that

I pulled my 21' Champion up to Lake Powell with the Tundra. 80 mph uphill so it will pull a boat just fine. I would get another diesel if I had a toy hauler or fifth wheel to pull. If you need a diesel get one. If you don't get a half ton. If you are worried about gas mileage then get a Prius.

• Like 2

Just go get a Cummins, mate it to an Allison, take the ford axles and throw it in a late 2000’s dodge body. Then you got the best of it all. Oh, and put it on a 4 link suspension.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, muledeerarea33? said:

Just go get a Cummins, mate it to an Allison, take the ford axles and throw it in a late 2000’s dodge body. Then you got the best of it all. Oh, and put it on a 4 link suspension.

We all want that 

• Like 1

I’ve been threatening to build it for years now!! But my threats have been empty lol. Engines and trans and bodies and suspension are easy, I just don’t want to spend the time wiring it all up.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, muledeerarea33? said:

I’ve been threatening to build it for years now!! But my threats have been empty lol. Engines and trans and bodies and suspension are easy, I just don’t want to spend the time wiring it all up.

Ya a mess. I have a Cummins that just sits and a Powerstroke I daily drive. I guess if I come across a Duramax I can just put them into 1 lol. I’m almost there. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, azbirdhunter88 said:

I guess you gotta just pick whether you’d wanna be cummin or strokin. 

You do both...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, azbirdhunter88 said:

Ya a mess. I have a Cummins that just sits and a Powerstroke I daily drive. I guess if I come across a Duramax I can just put them into 1 lol. I’m almost there. 

Don’t mess with that power stroke that thing is sweet. I got online ASAP and started looking at 7.3 when I got home after seeing yours. Haha

3 hours ago, oz31p said:

Gonna need a little more info on a drive by post like that

Drove my neighbors ponies up north from wickenburg to happy jack using his new truck and was watching the computer. It’s 10 speed trans cuz it needs all of them. Was zero impressed just like my old V10 dually. Oh it’s a bad but truck and it will haul but it’s no diesel. Maybe I’m just not used to rpms over 2000 haha

24 minutes ago, MULEPACKHUNTER said:

Don’t mess with that power stroke that thing is sweet. I got online ASAP and started looking at 7.3 when I got home after seeing yours. Haha

Don’t be afraid of the 6.0 dude. Better than the 7.3. Just need to do a little loving to it 😆