Mog

New truck considerations

8 hours ago, MULEPACKHUNTER said:

Drove my neighbors ponies up north from wickenburg to happy jack using his new truck and was watching the computer. It’s 10 speed trans cuz it needs all of them. Was zero impressed just like my old V10 dually. Oh it’s a bad but truck and it will haul but it’s no diesel. Maybe I’m just not used to rpms over 2000 haha

I guess I should have been more clear. Do you have any information about the trucks size, engine Size and how this truck is equipped. 

55mph @11000lbs do not sound like a problem .

8 hours ago, azbirdhunter88 said:

Don’t be afraid of the 6.0 dude. Better than the 7.3. Just need to do a little loving to it 😆

Once you drop $7000 on the motor to un-f*ck it, they are great trucks...

Kinda like the older Dodges with auto transmissions. Once you spend $5k on a good transmission they are bad butt. 

I drive a 2005 Dodge Cummins with a 6spd stick. Honestly the new trucks have better power, but I can see my motor, work on my motor, and not get all jammed up with emissions crap. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, oz31p said:

I guess I should have been more clear. Do you have any information about the trucks size, engine Size and how this truck is equipped. 

55mph @11000lbs do not sound like a problem .

Ya I don't know all the bells and whistles and gears and all that, its the new 7.3 gas Ford 3/4 ton long bed and a big horse trailer 4 horse with LQ. This is not his normal tow truck he runs a Ford Diesel Dually. I was just watching the gages and listening to the motor. It wasn't a problem at all but the 2.2 or 2.5 MPG was cracking me up. My Ram diesel has 19.2 avrg mpg and has never been reset in 3 years.. His avrg was 12 or 13 but that was towing though. I only drove it up the one time and don't know much about it. I know he regrets buying it.. I havnt looked at gas trucks since my first diesel in 1999.. I did have that Ford V10 shortly but when it was down shifting on grades with my bass boat and camp gear I got rid of that quick. My guess is you can equip that thing any way you want but it wont come anywhere near a diesel. Sure is great off the line though just nothing on the top end.

• Like 1

Stick with the treed and true lifted hybrid prius.  Critters wont hear you coming.

image.jpeg.72a55303a747729403aacecd7927e635.jpeg

• Like 2

This is a Georgia hunting rig..

467d7f46bec18566eeb3b1b1560aaf1e9375c2c3-monster-truck-for-sale.jpeg

• Like 1

An old thread of one got bumped in the classifieds. I made a similar comment which was deeply rooted in my own insecurity.  

• Like 1