whitetail archery

new pic 80's Coues ridiculous

Got to meet Nate the other day and hold that awesome rack but I gotta say it's 99% muley. I hate throwing the "hybrid" word around but I'm not gonna rule it out. The skull was huge, significantly larger than a coues head but yet not like a mule deer skull so that's why I say 99% sure it's not coues. Killer rack though and I'm glad I got to see it in person.

Nice meeting you Nate and don't forget to mention that replica rack to that guy please.

I'm suprised that some of you guys even question this rack, I mean compare it to the world record they look just alike.

rack.doc

I'm suprised that some of you guys even question this rack, I mean compare it to the world record they look just alike.

I rest my case........

There is definately controversy about the #1 and #2 non-typical racks and this one does look very similar. I don't think there is any way that thing is pure muley though and the fact that it was found near Heber doesn't rule out coues at all. Heber is not far from Mogollon Rim country.

big coues .LOL! post-2809-1235008543_thumb.jpg

Hey couesridge how come you didn't have a B&C measurer score that as a coues? You should take pics and send it to B&C and they'll probably invite you and your head to the next B&C convention and you'd take top honors..... Bwahahahahahahahaha!!! Oh wait, that's not funny it's sad actually cause it's freakin true!

Hey couesridge how come you didn't have a B&C measurer score that as a coues? You should take pics and send it to B&C and they'll probably invite you and your head to the next B&C convention and you'd take top honors..... Bwahahahahahahahaha!!! Oh wait, that's not funny it's sad actually cause it's freakin true!

Sad and funny at the same time....

<!--quoteo(post=139481:date=Feb 19 2009, 08:47 PM:name=GRONG)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GRONG @ Feb 19 2009, 08:47 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=139481"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Hey couesridge how come you didn't have a B&C measurer score that as a coues? You should take pics and send it to B&C and they'll probably invite you and your head to the next B&C convention and you'd take top honors..... Bwahahahahahahahaha!!! Oh wait, that's not funny it's sad actually cause it's freakin true!<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Sad and funny at the same time....

had the guys nephew show me pictures of this buck when i was buying horns the other day said he found it in chevlon canyon near heber ive guided elk by chevlon and have seen nice coues in the canyon muley or coues still an awesome find.

I think it is a coues. I cant imagine how many big coues were trolling around back in the 80s and alot of people never look for a couesin typical muley country so thats where they get big.