Sign in to follow this  
Green Bullet

Ranger vs General vs Razr

2 hours ago, Green Bullet said:

I ended up with a 2019 general, loaded, wheels, lift, etc.  it's sweet.

Where did you end up buying it?

We had a Pioneer and General in elk camp this last year.  For the money I would take the Pioneer every time.  Quieter, rode just as nice on the trail with stock shocks and just as much power.  It is nice being able to drop the back seats and have a full bed for gear or an animal or ride 5 people if just riding around.

20191205_142551.jpg

Can anyone state  (with experience) which SXS has the least dust in the cab / rear seat? Does one do better than the other? do half doors help, windshield / rear windshield? 

I am looking to get a 4 -6 seater? 

Last year I rode in the back seat of a brand new Polaris ranger 6-seater.  It was quiet, fast (fast enough for me, lol) and rode very smooth on the trails which impressed me BUT sitting in the back I had dust coming up from the floorboards (gaps in the floor from backside of the front bench) which did not impress me for "fit and finish" of the rig.  One other thing was the stock clearance was not enough, it seemed like we would hit rocks and stumps far more than I thought we should.

Just my observations.

Great thread, thanks!

Jeff

• Like 1

I have been in Polaris ranger 4 seaters, rzr 4 seaters, general 4 seater and I own a pioneer 1000-5.  The dust in the back seat sucks in all.  You can do things like, not have a windshield, put up a spoiler, mid panel or rear panels, Fill in air gaps around the doors, but you will still get dust.  It is just the nature of the beasts.  Going without a windshield is about your best defense.  

I run a windshield with vents and a mid panel in my pioneer. It made a big difference, but you still get dust in loose dirt.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Redman said:

Can anyone state  (with experience) which SXS has the least dust in the cab / rear seat? Does one do better than the other? do half doors help, windshield / rear windshield? 

I am looking to get a 4 -6 seater? 

I can tell you which one gets the MOST dust...MINE.

Only way to go 2020 General! I have 2019 4 love it . The 2020 come with all the upgrades allready . Don’t buy General from 2019 back in years , turf mode blows up transmission. Honda will last you forever , but the Honda and Ranger comfort is lacking . I have become expert on the General, if you have any questions 

• Like 1

I just went from a Ranger with 9100 miles to a General 4 XP.  The Ranger ride is not even close to the General XP.  It is amazing how much more smooth and faster it is.  Once my rack is done I will be okay with the lost storage space for a nicer ride to our hunting spots.  

1528F146-D40A-4BFC-BF84-F23F14D0E809.jpeg

BA26F1F4-19F7-46D6-83AF-35C7C0676FE1.jpeg

Very happy with my General.  Putting a rear window reduces the dust but does not eliminate it.  

2018 Polaris General.jpg

• Like 1

This a

good thread was going to get a can am defender xt 6 seater for grandkids and hunting but now leaning to a Yamaha Viking.  You have to get on a waiting list show low motor sports cause of COVID. Going to wait till the election and things slow down hate buying on high demand- buy low sell high duh...  Really want one now though  :)

8 hours ago, HuntHarder said:

I have been in Polaris ranger 4 seaters, rzr 4 seaters, general 4 seater and I own a pioneer 1000-5.  The dust in the back seat sucks in all.  You can do things like, not have a windshield, put up a spoiler, mid panel or rear panels, Fill in air gaps around the doors, but you will still get dust.  It is just the nature of the beasts.  Going without a windshield is about your best defense.  

I run a windshield with vents and a mid panel in my pioneer. It made a big difference, but you still get dust in loose dirt.  

thanks lets see some pics of your ride. Not sure what mid panels are- guess I could Google it... 

7 hours ago, seek100plus said:

Only way to go 2020 General! I have 2019 4 love it . The 2020 come with all the upgrades allready . Don’t buy General from 2019 back in years , turf mode blows up transmission. Honda will last you forever , but the Honda and Ranger comfort is lacking . I have become expert on the General, if you have any questions 

big difference between the 2020 and 2019?  That is good info. 

7 hours ago, bigj23 said:

I just went from a Ranger with 9100 miles to a General 4 XP.  The Ranger ride is not even close to the General XP.  It is amazing how much more smooth and faster it is.  Once my rack is done I will be okay with the lost storage space for a nicer ride to our hunting spots.  

1528F146-D40A-4BFC-BF84-F23F14D0E809.jpeg

BA26F1F4-19F7-46D6-83AF-35C7C0676FE1.jpeg

where is your rack being built at? 

I ran the RZR for a long time. Loved it. My next machine will be a General though. Just a few more options with the bed etc vs the RZR. My neighbor has a ranger and it’s like riding a 2x4 compared to the RZR suspension wise. I have borrowed the ranger and taken it places I have taken my RZR and scared myself shitless in the ranger that the RZR I never gave second thought. Storage wise RZR sucks but with a full length roof rack I had plenty of space with four people. Most of the time though it was 2 to 3 people so always had room. Dust is a monster no matter what IMO. I sealed mine up pretty good. But back seat still gets eventually gets covered.  Loved the power even if hunting. Little noisy at high speeds but I think they all are. If you have other questions shoot me a note! 

47700F7A-9545-444F-B39E-E2086A0DC5B6.jpeg

• Like 1