Sign in to follow this  
Green Bullet

Ranger vs General vs Razr

1 hour ago, Redman said:

where is your rack being built at? 

My buddy builds the racks.  He built the one on my Ranger.  Same concept, with a few modifications.  

On 6/11/2020 at 10:42 PM, briant_az said:

Where did you end up buying it?

I bought it used off Craigs list.   I had it up north at big lake a few weeks ago and the ride and off road capability is much much better than a ranger.    I took my ranger in a lot of sketchy place where it felt like it wanted to roll....in the general it just absorbs all those issues.

as to dust, I have a full front and rear windshield...the dust didn't feel all that bad but there's always gonna be dust.

I think a Full front  windshield and full rear window helps a ton on the general 4 seater. I would get a front windshield that has a vent that you can shut and open for different weather conditions. And the generals all come with full half doors with seals and thatbjelps out as well. 

The real question is how to keep the dust off all your gear in the bed.....

1 hour ago, HyNoon said:

I think a Full front  windshield and full rear window helps a ton on the general 4 seater. I would get a front windshield that has a vent that you can shut and open for different weather conditions. And the generals all come with full half doors with seals and thatbjelps out as well. 

The real question is how to keep the dust off all your gear in the bed.....

thanks- I have a 2006 Polaris Ranger and done a couple of things - super large commercial grade trash bags - 80 gallons - they work very well

also Christmas storage bags - large bags with zippers also work, but the zippers don't hold up very well.

This is a tough choice, anyone with experience with NorthStar and the Can Am Defener Max - both have heater and AC- with sealed cabs.... pricey 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I love my RZR. I'm going to end up with a new cage and incorporate a roof rack in it for i when take it hunting. 

This is how you keep the dust off your gear.  Two totes on the bottom for backpacks and hunting gear, food tote on top and an ice chest.  Gear was always clean.  Now I just have to figure out how to keep the gear clean on the General.  

Sorry for the sideways image   B9D4D3FA-21B9-422E-8356-4FC14E96493F.thumb.jpeg.31c8278855116e953d7fa9b534ee878d.jpeg

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, bigj23 said:

This is how you keep the dust off your gear.  Two totes on the bottom for backpacks and hunting gear, food tote on top and an ice chest.  Gear was always clean.  Now I just have to figure out how to keep the gear clean on the General.  

Sorry for the sideways image   B9D4D3FA-21B9-422E-8356-4FC14E96493F.thumb.jpeg.31c8278855116e953d7fa9b534ee878d.jpeg

Did someone build this rack for you? 

Yes sir.  One of my buddies did and it was awesome.  In that pic I don’t have the spare tire in but it stands up on the right side.  

89D587B0-4AF2-4C2C-B2CE-B7AF98A2AF52.jpeg

3 hours ago, bigj23 said:

Yes sir.  One of my buddies did and it was awesome.  In that pic I don’t have the spare tire in but it stands up on the right side.  

89D587B0-4AF2-4C2C-B2CE-B7AF98A2AF52.jpeg

I like it. Maybe I need to buy a welder and make one! 

The half windshield was perfect on the Ranger. I have a full on the General and will be adding a rear.  Too many scouting and hunting trips with rain dripping down through the front.  

What happens when these sidexsides become jeeps or Toyota’s or Toyota’s and jeeps become sideXsides? It’s going that way. I’d love to have one but my Tacoma does the same thing at a much slower pace. If I spent the extra money, I’d run the sidexside guys down. And no dust in the cab.

You would have to spend a lot of money to keep up with the General in ground clearance, suspension, and power to weight ratio.  Also, you would be way more top heavy and not as stable on some of the terrain we drive on to hunt.  As they say, time is money.  

9 hours ago, muledeerarea33? said:

What happens when these sidexsides become jeeps or Toyota’s or Toyota’s and jeeps become sideXsides? It’s going that way. I’d love to have one but my Tacoma does the same thing at a much slower pace. If I spent the extra money, I’d run the sidexside guys down. And no dust in the cab.

While Tacomas are solid off road trucks, they are no SXS- maybe in line with the old Rangers- but they are not close to the new SXS. 

Jeeps move at a snail pace beat the crap out of you. 

53 minutes ago, Redman said:

While Tacomas are solid off road trucks, they are no SXS- maybe in line with the old Rangers- but they are not close to the new SXS. 

Jeeps move at a snail pace beat the crap out of you. 

I guess my point was if you take a $5000 truck and put $15000 in suspension on it you’d have a dust free cab for the same price as a new side by side.

• Like 1