ltd2004

Chevlon canyon lake

Are you allowed to still take a quad down to the lake or are all motor vehicles not allowed??   Thanks in advance.  

9 minutes ago, 360 0r Better said:

Last time I was there you couldn’t you had to walk the last part 

Thanks.  I appreciate it. 

There were two quads with trailers down there recently for 2 days   
I thought the big steel gate made it clear but they just drove through the closed camp ground near the gate and made a new road down. Seems like it’s whatever you want. 

16 minutes ago, MULEPACKHUNTER said:

There were two quads with trailers down there recently for 2 days   
I thought the big steel gate made it clear but they just drove through the closed camp ground near the gate and made a new road down. Seems like it’s whatever you want. 

Is this gate new? There was a gate with a opening designed to be driven through

5 minutes ago, oz31p said:

You can still drive any thing that fits through the polls at the gate. 

What he said

49 minutes ago, oz31p said:

Is this gate new? There was a gate with a opening designed to be driven through

Same gate, we hiked in from the East and camped. I saw the quads and wondered how they got in there so drove over when we were leaving. Just happened to catch the guys coming out around the gate (wouldn’t fit) through the campground with the large close barracades and over to their trucks to refill beer and head back down. My young daughter asked me why people are so lazy and stupid that they have to help ruin a beautiful place. Luckily where we were we didn’t see anyone. The garbage was pretty easy to see through the binos where the guys were parking the quads. Maybe 30 water bottles at the ramp area. No beer cans so at least the beer dudes weren’t pigs. 

It’s pretty wide. I think a mid size Polaris 570 ranger would fit. 

we measured it last time we were there but I forget the measurement. 

One of these years we won’t draw turkey tags, I’m going to go early spring during the thaw. 

or between Halloween and Thanksgiving but that time frame is usually booked up

6 hours ago, MULEPACKHUNTER said:

Same gate, we hiked in from the East and camped. I saw the quads and wondered how they got in there so drove over when we were leaving. Just happened to catch the guys coming out around the gate (wouldn’t fit) through the campground with the large close barracades and over to their trucks to refill beer and head back down. My young daughter asked me why people are so lazy and stupid that they have to help ruin a beautiful place. Luckily where we were we didn’t see anyone. The garbage was pretty easy to see through the binos where the guys were parking the quads. Maybe 30 water bottles at the ramp area. No beer cans so at least the beer dudes weren’t pigs. 

I am wondering what is the answer to your young daughters question.  Why are people so lazy and stupid?😷 

Interesting.  I have been told by numerous people that if it fits between the poles it can go through.  My Rhino is well in excess of 40 inches and fits through (barely).  Anything bigger than a Rhino isn't going through.  I was down there a few years back and there was a G&F officer and he didn't say anything to me?

• Like 1