On 5/28/2020 at 10:48 AM, Curtis Reed said:

I remove my batteries when the camper is in storage. I put them on a block of wood in my garage and on a battery tender at all times.   not only is it good for the batteries, but also I don’t want them stolen. 

This is exactly what a friend of mine does...I haven’t had issues storing mine with the kill switch turned off, but I think the battery tender is probably the best storage for the batteries. 

On 5/29/2020 at 11:21 AM, bigorange said:

This is exactly what a friend of mine does...I haven’t had issues storing mine with the kill switch turned off, but I think the battery tender is probably the best storage for the batteries. 

I have had 2 batteries on my trailer for 4 years now. That are in plastic cases under the trailer nose cone so in the shade always. Never put them on a battery tender or charger. I plug trailer in for a few days before I use it which is like 5 times a year and never had a battery problem. I know I’m on borrowed time but I'm not one to fix what isn’t broken. 

Just now, azbirdhunter88 said:

I have had 2 batteries on my trailer for 4 years now. That are in plastic cases under the trailer nose cone so in the shade always. Never put them on a battery tender or charger. I plug trailer in for a few days before I use it which is like 5 times a year and never had a battery problem. I know I’m on borrowed time but I'm not one to fix what isn’t broken. 

I do basically the same. Usually just plug it in overnight before I use it. So far so good. 

• Like 1

I’m just lucky I’ve gotten 4+ years I guess lol. When my generator runs it’s charging them while camping/hunting too. I have a kill switch on the trailer if that matters. 

37 minutes ago, bigorange said:

I do basically the same. Usually just plug it in overnight before I use it. So far so good. 

That’s how I roll too.

I have had the same three lead acid for my horse trailer, boat , and walk tent for 3 years now and they are doing great. I rotate them around and run a battery tender at all times. Last set of two were 4 years old. No solar on mine. Dads trailer has 2 6 volts running well for 4 plus I think. He runs a solar panel on the tongue when stored. Not sure on the disconnect but why not. 
been watching this new solar tech stuff out of Australia and I’m getting excited. We plan to build an off grid northern get away some day and it’s looking good as far as tech for solar and wind power.  

• Like 1

I just put a battery doctor battery tender on my trailer. They discharge especially if I forget to hit the kill switch.