dcshorthairs

6.5 Creedmoor Reload Data

Guys

I have been looking through reloading manuals and digging through the inter web trying to find load data on two different loads. Anyone have any load information on the bullets below? I’m shooting a Browning X-bolt long range heck’s canyon 6.5CM. Looking for powders, grains, oal, seating depth and primers used.

143 grain Hornaday ELDX

142 grain Nosler Accubond Long Range 

I know what the manuals say for pressures and safety. Looking for real world feedback and knowledge. Thanks all. Looking forward to your input.

1 hour ago, dcshorthairs said:

Yeah I have checked that out. Wondering if those numbers and calcs are what people are using. 

I remember that Hodgon info was always conservative with Lyman and Sierra being more real world. I would pick a starting point and work up from there and look for pressure signs since every rifle is different and all brass is not created equal. This cartridge is no barn burner and 50-70 more FPS 10' from the muzzle isn't going to matter at 100 or 800 yards. DO you have a Chronograph?

I use the 143gr Hornaday ELDX

Killing like crazy out to 800yrds haven't had anything further . Center punch every time. And because. I'm lost when it comes to reloading.

Just use 140 data. 41-42gr of H4350 or R16 is generally the sweet spot. 

3 hours ago, PRDATR said:

I remember that Hodgon info was always conservative with Lyman and Sierra being more real world. I would pick a starting point and work up from there and look for pressure signs since every rifle is different and all brass is not created equal. This cartridge is no barn burner and 50-70 more FPS 10' from the muzzle isn't going to matter at 100 or 800 yards. DO you have a Chronograph?

Yes sir I have access to one

I think with that Browning it has a magazine, so as far as OAL you are limited to what will function in the mag, unless you want to load one at a time. I use 40.5 gr of H-4350. In my rifle that seems to duplicate the Hornady Hunter 143gr ELD-X. You might be able to squeeze a few more feet per seconds out of it, I don't know.

3059.jpeg

On 6/1/2020 at 4:48 PM, 10Turkeys said:

I think with that Browning it has a magazine, so as far as OAL you are limited to what will function in the mag, unless you want to load one at a time. I use 40.5 gr of H-4350. In my rifle that seems to duplicate the Hornady Hunter 143gr ELD-X. You might be able to squeeze a few more feet per seconds out of it, I don't know.

3059.jpeg

What are you running your case length at?

33 minutes ago, dcshorthairs said:

What are you running your case length at?

Case length is 1.920 but I think you are thinking Overall Cartridge Length or OAL. If you have the case length too long you will have a hard time closing the bolt.

46 minutes ago, dcshorthairs said:

Ya I got the OAL size. What size primers? Small rifle or large rifle?

Depends on who made the brass as both are available.

• Like 1