Sign in to follow this  
wildwoody

Stanley "Again" whats wrong with riots ?

Morning!  LOL

OK, let me spell it out for everyone.  Amanda wants this to be a coues deer hunting site.  She wants it focused primarily on hunting, scouting, tactics, camping, hiking, fishing, outdoors,, etc.  The Terms & Rules that everyone here agreed to when joining spell-out pretty much what she doesn't want here.  The problem with this latest topic that a tiny minority of users here want to focus on lately isn't that it is 'political'.  The problem is that like with most hot topics, the tiny minority can't seem to debate & share info on it without crossing over into the stuff that Amanda doesn't want here.

A few years ago the "Political" forum was added for this exact reason.  Seemed that often times when there was a political topic not related to hunting, that it ended-up with the type of rhetorical BS that Amanda didn't want here.  Hence to appease the few that couldn't seem to 'not' post that stuff, she started the Political forum so people could have a place to post, comment, and debate.  (The funny thing is though, that of course it seems to get VERY little traffic.  Sort of ironically, I've probably been one of the most active posters there! LOL)   When invoking Amanda's will as a moderator, the choice becomes to simply delete the entire thread or to move it to the Political forum.

For the novice internet user, keep in mind that if a post is moved or deleted and a new post is started in it's place to either whine about the post being removed/moved or to simply replace the original topic, then it's a pretty safe bet that the second topic will be deleted or moved as well.  Shouldn't take a genius to figure that out.  Also, please save the "free speech / censorship" arguments.  To ensure everyone is on the same page, free speech applies to 'public' speech (which this is not).  Censorship is what applies in this case, since it is a privately owned site.  ;) 

I think it would be awesome if there was LOTS of activity in the Political forum.  Especially if it were to discuss truly meaningful topics (gun rights, healthcare, the deficit, social security, education, trade, etc...).  All you guys should get the password and knock yourselves out.  I'll be there too!

Alright Delw, AZkiller, and a few of my other favorites.  I'm ready now.  Hit me with the name calling, and we can then maybe move on!  🤣

S.

PS:  I'm the most visible, but I am NOT the only moderator here.  I'll definitely take credit when I delete/move a topic, but it's not always me.  LOL

PSS:  Hopefully not necessary, but I'm happy to post the forum Terms & Rules if anyone needs the official reminder.

• Like 4

Well gonna need a lot more hunting seasons because there's about 2% on this site that's about hunting, wish there was a lot more. So Stanley whats the password?

• Like 1

The sheeple must be silenced.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thanks for the explanation and reminder Stanley. I think we all need the fall draw to hurry up and get here (anybody know when they’ll start hitting cards?) and especially the fall hunts. Cabin fever is really getting to folks...

32 minutes ago, Big Tub said:

apparently:  "Please email the administrator to request a password."

Thanks Tub for your incredible insight. lol They sent it to me. 

3 hours ago, 25-06 said:

The sheeple must be silenced.

No, the sheeple must post in the right place in accordance with site rules.  Thought that was clear enough above.  ;) (Oh, and the sheeple must please stop whining.)

• Haha 2

• Becky – 20s
  • Karen – 30s and 40s
  • Susan – 50+
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

How bout this. Lump me in with del again I'll rip your head off! 😆 I have no problem with it. If you were quashing it all together I would leave. Thanks for the political section.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, stanley said:

No, the sheeple must post in the right place in accordance with site rules.  Thought that was clear enough above.  ;) (Oh, and the sheeple must please stop whining.)

Bite the sheep..

• Haha 1